All in or nothing

After 104 minutes had gone past, it was still 0-0, this was the last half of extra time so if nobody scored, it would go to penalties, I felt the pressure on my heart burn on to my body and I become very tired but I’m not ready to give up just yet, all I need to do I score one goal and then I could lead my team to victory.

A midfielder wearing a purple head band passes the ball to me and I run on to it, I weave through two defenders and keep on running, I am heading closer and closer towards the goals, every move I make is crucial, I look from the corner of my eye and see that four defenders are chasing me, they look determined to catch up to me, because they know if I score that it means that my team will win and have a better chance at making the top 20 I am entering the penalty box, the goalie looks firm as I am running towards her, watching my every move, I take a deep breathe and step in a metre more getting ready to take a shot, just as I am about to swing my leg back, I see Penny Blaine ferociously come preying at me like a lion, she swoops her feet right at my legs with enormous amount of energy and they hit my legs, I fall to the ground almost crying, I cannot feel my legs and I know that I wont be able to continue the game and I doubt that I will ever be able to walk again, my team mates come rushing at me in anxiety as they are not sure if I am going to ever stand up, the Paramedics approach me with a stretcher, I cannot stand up, they lift me up and carry me to inside where the doctors are, they lay me down on a bed and a doctor approaches me. She examines my leg and I ask, “Will I ever be able to play soccer, or even walk again?” “I’m not sure sweetheart, we just have to take an X-ray and see” my heart stops, I feel as if someone has squeezed it real tight and stabbed it the fear of not being able to walk again echoes in to my soul and I start to shiver.