Will I be able to walk again?

The doctor then shows me a photo from the X-ray and says, “I am truly sorry Kenzie, the X ray shows that the damage to your legs will put you in a wheelchair for 3 years, at least it isn’t forever but you will not be able to walk for that period of time”. The news hits my soul like a meteor hitting earth, I am shattered but try to think on the bright side, at least its not forever but three years is a long time. I see my parents and Lola staring at me outside in tears and as soon as the door opens, they approach me and reach out their arms allowing me to hug them, they feel my heart with love and we head for the car, we stay silent all the way home. I go to my room with tears filling my eyes I check my phone and I see a voicemail from Damien, he says “Kenzie… I am truly speechless; you are one of the hardest working Soccer Players I have ever seen. Very unfortunately due to your injury, you cannot be selected for the All Stars Camp and we are all devastated that you cant because you are such an amazing player. We can’t change what has happened in the past but we can do something for our future and that is why I want you to come to the tryout stadium tomorrow as we have a pleasant surprise for you that will change your life forever, we hope you rest well and you recover safely. From this voicemail I feel a little happier but I am still exhausted and head for my bed, my head feels like a soft fluffy cloud hitting against my pillow and I fall straight to sleep.