Chapter 48

Pair of two curious eyes, the color of hazel, peeked behind the armrest, looking at the tiny roll on your arms. It was a day that Nathan, Elena, and little Cassie came with you and Sam to see the babies for the first time.

She was a little nervous to see her cousins, her mother and father told her she needs to be a good girl, show the babies how to behave, how she is going to be a small role model to them. That was something little Cassie couldn't understand fully, but she knew she needed to be careful around her little cousins.

When you looked at her peaking behind the armrest, soft smile appearing your face, a small gasp left her tiny mouth, and she started to run toward her parents, who were standing a little further with Sam.

Sam felt tiny arms wrapping his legs, as when he looked down, he met eyes colored the same as his, and he leaned down to take his niece into his arms.

Elena was rocking little Aaron in her hands, who was making tiny noises and waving his small arms. And when Cassie looked at that sight, the happiness in her mother's figure, she popped the question - "Can I have a little brother?"

Elena's eyes snapped immediately to her husband, her eyes sparkling of joy and excitement, but younger Drake raised his hands as stepping further.

"No way, there is enough on that little adventurer."

"But Nate." - Elena longed e, when Aaron got scared of the sudden noise and started to cry, making a perfect distraction of talk about having another trouble maker to younger Drake's family.

"Oh, I'm sorry Aaron, I didn't mean to scare you.:" - Elena's focus was now fully on Aaron, who screamed from the bottom of his lungs, making Nathan flinch - Cassie was never that loud.

Elena rocked and shushed the little wrap in her arms, without making any progress.

"Lemme," - Sam handed his niece to her father's arms, who wrapped her little hands around her father's neck, looking worried of little Aaron of making such a loud noise.

Elena gave Aaron to Sam, feeling defeated that she couldn't make him calm down, as Sam placed a tiny kiss on her temple.

"Feeling hungry little buddy?" - he smoothed gently his son's cheek with his finger while walking toward you.

"I just feed them Sam." - you said worriedly while focusing on Sandra in your arms who started to show signs of cry too, and soon she joined her brother and the whole room was filled with your twins cry.

The sharp noise was too much for Cassie who covered her ears and wrinkled her nose.

"Are they hurt?" - she asked confused, looking at her mother.

"No honey, they are just little grumpy, babies need lots of sleep." - Elena dragged her daughter's golden hair behind her ear while reminding her how she told her how small babies don't do much but sleep or eat for a long after their birth.

They needed to explain Cassie that she needed to wait til the babies are bigger to manage to play with her, when she was going through her toys full of excitement, and preparing playdate with her brand new cousins.

You looked up at Sam with a sour face when you couldn't calm down little Sandra, but still, Sam put little Aaron in your arms too, helping you to put them on their back to the huge pillow which was on your lap, guiding your hands under both of their heads to support the neck.

"Sam, I can't" - you started, sometimes you felt Sam was much better with the babies than you were, but Sam just kissed your temple and sat down to the armrest, wrapping his arm around you and pulled you little closer to him, as you both looked down at your babies, both still crying, their little hands waving in the air.

"Prince and princess are little grumpy aren't they?" - Sam said with a low and calm voice, reaching his free hand toward the twins, taking both of their tiny hands with his finger, which they both grabbed strongly, while you smoothed their heads with your thumbs.

"The two stars, which revealed to the Queen and her King, finally arrived in their world, to fulfill their lives and happiness." - the bedtime story, which Sam used to tell to the babies when they were in your tummy, was the favorite subject for Sam to talk to the babies.

"Once upon a time, there was a very beautiful queen." - Sam started the story from the beginning, you leaned your head on his shoulder, looking up at him; - "Really Sam? Again?"

But Sam just smiled, kissed your forehead and kept telling the story; "The queen's smile was the sun of the world, her beautiful smile made the whole world to shine bright, making all the darkness fade away."

You turned to look at the babies, listening to Sam's deep and calm voice telling once again the bedtime story, maybe a hundred times already.

"But for some reason, the queen was sad, so the world was filled with darkness when her smile wasn't brightening the world."

Sam's voice was steady and relaxing, and soon you saw how the babies stopped crying, calming down, their breathing getting steadier, as they listened to their father's voice.

"One day, the queen met a handsome king, and the king thought that the queen was the most beautiful creature in the world. And he wanted to do everything, to see the queen smile again and brighten the world again with her smile."

You weren't sure, but maybe babies recognized Sam's voice, because him telling the story to them now, as he did many times before they were born, it had the same effect now than it did before.

It calmed the babies down.

"The queen was really scared, but the king was determined. Slowly they fell in love, and her smile returned to her lips again. And soon her smile was there for every second of the day, and the darkness faded away again."

"Soon, two bright stars appeared to the sky. They were so bright that they could be seen even the sun as above in the sky. And the king and the queen realized that they were going to have two beautiful babies."

You could have sworn, that you saw both of the babies smiling when Sam was talking about them in his story.

Like they understood every word. Which was impossible, they were just babies, but when you saw the smile appearing to their faces again after what Sam said next, you knew it wasn't just a coincidence.

"When the babies were finally in queens and kings arms, their life was perfect. Their happiness was so overwhelmed, they didn't know how to handle it."

You looked how Aaron and Sandra were calmly sleeping now, squeezing with their tiny hands Sam's finger.

"See, they were just tired. " - Sam said and kissed your hair again.

"When did you become that sensitive?" - Nathan asked from his older brother, who he had used to see so rough and hard, even though Sam used to be sweet and caring around Cassie, but whenever Nathan just could, he always teased his older brother.

Elena slammed Nathan's chest with the back of her hand, for breaking the beautiful moment with his stupid joke, while Cassie covered his eyes with her tiny hands - "I liked the story! Why you never tell me that kind of story?"