36. new ideas

(Sunday November 25th)

"Chris?"

I asked, walking down the basement stairs. I had just put the twins down for a nap and had a little time to kill. As I reached the bottom of the stairs I saw him, sitting at his mixing table, headphones in, playing his guitar.

"Chris!"

I said a little louder. He looked up at me briefly before finishing his chord and pulling his headphones off.

"Yeah?"

He asked. I leaned down to kiss him gently before stepping behind him and sitting at the couch.

"I have a question for you."

He raised a brow, spinning his chair to face me.

"Okay?"

He said.

"I was going through my bank statements earlier and realized I still have a storage until full of stuff that I moved out of my mother's house."

He drew his brows together.

"And?"

"And it's been a year. I really need to do something with it. Put it somewhere else."

He sat back, half frowning.

"Right. I don't know if we have enough room here babe. Not with us and the twins."

I cleared my throat.

"I thought about that too and well, I was wondering if maybe you'd want to start looking at houses?"

I said slowly. He thought for a second before smiling widely at me.

"Well we do have two kids now. And surely they are gonna want their own rooms when they get older."

I smiled back at him, making him laugh a little bit.

"When do you wanna begin the hunt?"

I asked excited. He shrugged, turning himself back around to his desk, putting his guitar back on the stand.

"Right now?"

He looked back over at me as he began typing. I nodded and stood up.

"Okay, the kids are asleep, we have a bit of time."

I stood behind him as he scrolled through pages of houses for sale.

"Wanna set boundaries?"

I asked and he moved to the criteria bar.

"What are we thinking?"

I thought for second.

"Well obviously three bedroom."

"Maybe four?"

He asked, with hopeful eyes. I raised a brow, smirking at him.

"Is there something you wanted out of that?"

He let out a nervous laugh.

"I don't know, maybe just wishful thinking on my part."

I kissed the top of his head.

"Fine, four bedrooms, but I'm not making any promises."

He smiled widely before typing it in.

"Okay, and two baths?"

I nodded.

"At least."

He typed that.

"Basement?"

I side nodded.

"Unless you plan on doing work in the fourth bedroom."

He frowned at me for a second.

"Absolutely not."

I laughed as he typed 'finished basement.'

"Anything else?"

He thought for a second before a lightbulb went off and he typed large yard. I ran my fingers through his hair gently.

"Barbeques and pool space?"

I asked and he looked up at me, grinning from ear to ear.

"Of course. And ya know, somewhere Decent for the kids to play. The important things."

I leaned down and kissed him.

"Sounds great."

I said lowly. Then he grabbed my waist and pulled me into his lap, making me squeal.

"Chris!"

I giggled out as he attacked my neck, snarling in my ear. I tried to push him away but he had a tight grip around my hips.

"I love you."

He said endearingly. I kissed his nose, placing my hand gently on his chest.

"I love you too you big dork."

He kissed my cheek before turning back to the computer, swinging my legs up onto his lap so I was properly sitting on him now.

"And so the hunt begins."