55. over again

(wednesday march 27th)

i sat at the table in the kitchen and scrolled through my phone, sipping coffee. it was late afternoon and we had just put the twins down for their nap. i looked up over my mug as chris came in the room offering me a wide smile.

"smells good in here."

he said, walking to the sink and getting a travel cup out of the cabinet above it.

"tastes good too."

i said putting my mug down and sending him a knowing look.

"do we still have the gingerbread flavored vegan creamer?"

he asked, opening the fridge. i thought for a second.

"honestly i dont know, i dont use it."

he closed the fridge and frowned, a different carton in his hand.

"so ill take that as a no?"

i said with a laugh and he glared at me for a second.

"no, its gone. i guess ill settle for this for now, i was gonna go to the store anyways, i can get more while im out."

i nodded, looking back to my phone.

"okay."

i said lightly as he poured coffee over the ice in his cup.

"hey babe,"

he said and i hummed.

"since im gonna head to the store for some stuff, do you need me to pick you up anything?"

i looked up and thought for a second.

"i dont think so, maybe like ice cream?... ooo and hot cheetos!"

i said, making him laugh as he walked around the island.

"i think i can do that. do you need anything else, pads, tampons, stuff like that?"

i half frowned.

"no, not yet, i still havent started but if i do i should be fine with my emergency stash."

he nodded, patting his pockets for the keys.

"okay, you still in pain?"

he asked as he got closer to the table and i shrugged.

"yeah but only sometimes. it kinda comes and goes."

he sent me a look as he stood over me.

"maybe you should go get that checked out. i know im not necessarily the one in pain but im kinda concerned for you. its been a few weeks already and it hasnt gotten any better and you havent had your period yet."

i sighed as he pulled the keys out of his pocket, switching his coffee to that hand.

"i guess youre right. ill give it a few more days and if it doesnt get better ill give the doctor a call."

he nodded, coming over to me and kissing the top of my head, rubbing my back lightly.

"okay, thanks. id appreciate it, i want to make sure youre really okay."

he took my hand in his and squeezed it. i nodded.

"thanks baby, i will, now you get a move on it. cause the sooner you get home the sooner i can snack."

he laughed at me, shaking his head and letting my hand go.

"alright, im going. ill see you when i get back."