𝚊 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞; 𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚛𝚞𝚐𝚊 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚞𝚖𝚒

Today marked 9 years since Yukio Tachibana disappeared. Izumi both hated and loved his father, loved because he introduced him to theatre and his love for art, and hated because he left a hole in Izumi's chest when leaving without saying a single word. The actors Izu has gathered throughout the first year in the Mankai Company had made him feel better, it was a wild ride, but he could never forget day 1, the day his eyes lit up once again when seeing his dad's name on a letter, the day he saw the terribly written play by Matsukawa, the day he met Sakuya and everything started.

That day was the restart of his life. Before, he was just going by day after day without any thought, the depressed thoughts after his father left made him less cheerful than he used to be, some days were hard to deal so he would party and be out of his own mind for days. His mom gave up long ago in Yukio but Izumi never did. It was incredible how even when he's gone he made Izumi happy again, making him meet the Mankai Company.

("Thank you dad, you sure made me happier... but I'd be the happiest if you came back.")

Izumi was at the park next to the dorm, he didn't want to worry people by staying and wasn't ready to show that side of himself to anyone.
The fresh air was nice, it wasn't too cold or too hot, was a perfect day to stay at the park. Before leaving, Izumi told Matsukawa he was going to have a picnic with a friend so he took a mat and some food. The sun was setting, Izu was sat behind a tree, looking at the people going by the park, dogs playing with their owners and children on the playground. He didn't feel like coming home soon so he took his phone to send a message in the Mankai group chat to warn everyone he was gonna be there for some time. Omi had offered earlier to make dinner so it was all good. Izumi laughed at the thought of Banri's face saying "Thank god, not curry again." Normally he would go out his way to say something back like " Curry is the best meal." But in that moment those things were precious to him, the daily things that happened around the dorm that made the place so lively and happy.
Izumi was so lost in thought he didn't notice a man approaching him.
"Director-san?" Izu looked up at the man, it was Misumi, with a concerned look on his face. When they made eye contact Izumi made sure to smile to signal everything was okay. Misumi squatted to be in the same eye level as the other. "Were you crying director-san?" Izumi was startled by the question, he had wiped his tears long ago, maybe his eyes were puffy.
"No, no, i wasn't, haha" He gave the white-haired man an empty smile.
Misumi was in Izu's right side, he was close and personal while studying the other's eyes. He reached inside his hoodie and took out the triangular protractor his Grandfather gave him. "Here." He took Izumi's hand and put the protractor on it.

("That reminds me that one time he saw me tearing up while watching dad in the 8 mm video... Misumi may not look like it sometimes but he is so thoughtful.")

"Thanks." Izumi smiled happily, feeling the same warmth as that day. Misumi sat down by the others side, both of them staring at the sun setting. "What happened?" Izu was starting to tear up again after hearing the other's question, Misumi noticed and took his hand "It's okay to cry sometimes when you feel like crying" he said smiling. Izumi started talking, explaining what happened, during the whole time, Misumi didn't let go of the crying man's hand, he intertwined his fingers with the other's, both of them could feel each other's warmth.
After he was done explaining Izumi felt better just by talking, Misumi was a great listener, the fact he was still holding his hand made Izu feel at peace.
"I'm sorry for talking so much, but i feel much better after telling you these things... I've never had someone to speak about this matter."
The white-haired gave one of the beautiful smiles only him can give, patting the top of Izu's head with his free hand. The sun was set and the starts were showing in the sky, the lights of the park had been lit up and it was a beautiful full moon.
"Now that Izumi-san has showed me a new side of him I will show you another side of me."
("He changed his tone. He doesn't sound carefree as always when he talks, it's a charming tone and a serious one... It kinda sounds like when he's acting but still there's a bit of normal Misumi there.")
"Yesterday was the anniversary of gramps' death." The phrase startled Izumi. "It's okay, hehe." He smiled. "I've come to terms with gramps' death, after all everyone that lives in this planet must die one day. But still, when the annual day comes, I can't help but remember those times." Misumi started playing with the other's fingers while they were intertwined, making Izumi a bit flushed, it was a nice feeling.

"I really like triangles as you know, but I'm still a human being after all. I had my story and I can finally be myself without worrying about what other's think, and that's all thanks to you." He smiled. "You made me part of the Summer Troupe and that connected me more with gramps. I love you for that." Izumi was blushing at that point, he had never seen Misumi so charming and so serious, Misumi has always been one of the most handsome guys in the house in Izu's eyes but every time he spoke it was kinda like he had a cute child to care for always, but right now Misumi was showing a totally different yet familiar side of him.
"I'm glad you found me here today." Izumi said taking their intertwined fingers to his own lap, overlapping the other's hand with the, until now, free one. Misumi looked at Izu with a confused look. "I'm glad I got to see this side of Ikaruga Misumi-san. I feel so much better. I'm sure your grandfather is looking out for you somewhere and is very happy for you." Misumi smiles happily.
"I'm happy you're feeling better Izumi-san. You are one of my most precious triangles so don't cry, ok?"
("What does that mean...? Hahaha, either way, cute.")
"And is you ever feel sad, don't go away pretending you're happy... I'm here to listen to all of your words, hehe."

The two kept chatting back and fourth for a bit, talking about their pasts, their concerns and their happiness.
After a while they decided to head back home, Misumi helped Izumi with all the picnic stuff he had brought for the fake picnic, they happily went back to the dorms watching the night life in Veludo Way and exchanging meaningful glances now and then. They kind of looked like a couple that just started dating.
"We're back." Izumi said entering the lounge.
"MISUMI!"
"Wah-!" Misumi shouted as a response to hearing his name.
"Misumi, what the-! I know that you go triangle hunting but you've been away ALL day!" Tenma shouted. "You know, as a leader, i need to take care of you, okay?! Is not like I was worried about you!"
Omi laughed at Tenma's tsundere manners while putting a plate of pickled plum onigiri's at the table.
"Onigiri~!" Misumi ran full speed to the food and grabbed one of the onigiris, munching it down.
"Don't ignore me!" Tenma shouted.
Yuki turned to speak to Izumi. "So you two airheads were together, we all got worried for nothing, gee, next time check your phone more often, please." Startled, Izumi reaches for his phone, somehow it was in silent mode which is something Izumi doesn't use often, upon opening it there were several missed calls and messages.
"Oh god, I'm so sorry... guess our chat was too good so I forgot to check it."
"Oh wow, can't believe you could speak about triangles with him for a whole afternoon, I would have died or at least not want to hear the word 'triangle' for a week." Yuki responded.
"Hehe, it wasn't that bad, actually." Izu was about to talk about how they went into deep matters and all but recalled Misumi's words: "Please keep this a secret from the others, okay? Hehe~ I want Izumi-san to be the only one to know about this." It was okay, since he felt the same.
"Sorry to worry you all, won't happen again." Izumi said bowing. "Now, I'm starving let's eat please~."
Izu took the chair next to Misumi.
"Director-san this onigiri is a perfect triangle, here!" Misumi gave the onigiri to Izumi, he took a bite of it while Misumi watched him with a lovable smile on his face.

//my babie, i love misumi so so so much and have been working on this oneshot for a while, i wanted it to be enjoyable for me as for you, thank you for reading!! ~Plumie//