Bitter Cold Air

Harry POV

     The sky is filled with orange and yellow hues that could make anyone forget how to breathe. The charcoal blanket that embraces the sky at night was slowly falling. I am exhausted which puzzles me. I spend countless hours sleeping and yet, I am tired. I turn my head to the right to take a peek at the alarm clock.
Great just Great. What am I supposed to do at 6:00 am?
Reluctantly I leave the comfort of my warm bed and get up to change my clothes. I walk over slowly and open my closet. My walk-in closet is filled with luxurious items that vary from shoes, suits, casual clothing, and a few decorations. Finally after staring at the room filled with clothes I decide to go with black jeans that are ripped at the knees, a red t-shirt, and black vans. I trudge along and open the bathroom. Slowly I walk over to the sink and face a reflection that is foreign to me. My icy blue eyes are framed with thick long lashes but I cringe and recoil due to how transparent they are. My fears, sadness, weakness, and rage are trapped in my eyes. They look absolutely chilling as if a blizzard was stuck in my orbs. They are filled with a monstrous wrath that terrifies me.
Purple and green gave color to the bags under my eyes. They make my eyes puffy and inflamed. Which makes me almost unrecognizable. ALMOST. I can be spotted from a mile away and would be on the cover the the newest issue of some magazine. Pathetic that's what this world is. It is filled with roaches that use others to their advantage. I am no better than them, I use Peter. My innocent and beloved Peter. He's an angel that I must have stolen from someone. Someone out there needs him and yet he's chained to me. Do I have him trapped? Have I clipped his wings? Perhaps, he wants to soar far away from a monster like myself. Thinking won't do me any good. Sighing I walk out of my room and trudge to the elevator. The moving box is far too quiet that my ears start ringing and I'm left alone and vulnerable to my thoughts. Gratefully the elevator quickly reaches the bottom and I hastily get out. I stride through the front door and feel the bitter cold air of New York.