Mermaid! Aoi Asahina x Pirate! Sakura Ogami

Non-Despair
I Got Inspiration For This One-Shot From The Picture

A young, muscular lady stood aboard her own pirate ship. Her long, white hair was tied back into a ponytail, and her light eyes glistened in the bright sun.

The boy controlling the steering wheel turned back to his captain, Sakura Ogami.

"Which way to go now, Captain Ogami?" Yasuhiro Hagakure called.

The young pirate glanced at her friend. She couldn't believe she set someone as irresponsible as Yasuhiro to control the steering wheel, but all of her other pirates had other jobs to do aboard the 'Cherry Blossom.'

"Turn left." Sakura ordered, and Hagakure followed her directions.

Only a few minutes later, Sakura headed down the wooden stairs to the main floor of the ship.

"Pull the sail up! The wind is coming in." Sakura instructed everyone, and some of the pirates scampered off to pull up the sail.

They heaved the ropes with all their might, a giant white sail with cherry blossoms towering above the ship, blowing in the ferocious wind.

Sakura smiled her to herself, staring at the sail's beautiful sight.

A while later

The 'Cherry Blossom' crew was eating their lunch, chatter and laughter aboard the mighty ship.

Captain Ogami was in her private headquarters, just below the main deck.

The door to the room slammed open, and the afro haired boy came in as Sakura glanced up from her food and protein shake.

"We're out of fish for dinner." Yasuhiro said, Sakura setting down her fork on the desk she was sitting in front of.

"I'll instruct a fishing session." Captain Ogami replied, earning a nod from Hiro.

"Great! Wanna have your fortune told?" Hagakure beamed, grasping his crystal ball in front of him.

Just a slight glare from the muscular woman was enough to make the other pirate dash out of the room in a panic.

Sakura then got up from her seat, and headed to the storage closet in her headquarters.

She grabbed a few of the abrasive fishing nets from inside the small room, and took them onto the main deck.

Once her crew saw her with the nets, they dashed towards her and grabbed them, tossing them over the railing of the boat.

They gripped the other end to hold them steady, and Sakura placed herself on top of the railing, watching her friends fish.

Once a pirate had got some fish, they pulled the net above the 'Cherry Blossom', and dumped the fish out into a basket where other pirates would clean, cut up, and fry them.

And the pirates did this procedure for at least an hour, until one of the pirates started to scream loudly.

Captain Ogami rushed over to the purpled haired girl, Toko Fukawa, and glanced over the edge of the ship.

Fukawa had caught a enormous fish, or that's what Sakura thought it was from the distance they were from the fish.

Toko fell back onto the hard, wooden planks of the ship, unconscious. Sakura grabbed the net before it slid over the edge, and pulled it onto the ship.

A woman with gorgeous brown hair was wrung up in the net.

But even though the top half of her was human... the other half of her body was a long, blue tail, and Sakura could see why Toko was screaming so much. She must be a siren.

The crew began to gather around Sakura as she knelt down next to the creature.

Yelling was erupting from many of the crew members, as horror spread among their faces.

Sakura began to unwrap the mermaid from the net despite her friends desperate cries not to do so.

Once the siren had been freed, Sakura wrapped one arm around her torso, and the other under the bend in the tail, picking the creature up bridal style.

Captain Ogami carried her to Sakura's private headquarters, and set her down on her light pink bed.

Then, Sakura sat down by the siren and waited for her to wake up.

Hours passed... but the siren just didn't wake up, and Sakura was getting tired.

The white haired woman laid back on her bed, next to the mermaid, and fell into a deep sleep.

"Hey?!"

Sakura's eyes shot open once she heard this, and she sat up and turned towards the voice.

It was the sea maiden.

She had sat up, and was staring right into Sakura's irises.

"Hello. I'm Captain Ogami, but you can call me Sakura."

"Hi, Sakura! I'm Aoi Asahina, but you can call me Hina!" The mermaid's eyes sparkled as she spoke, and Sakura couldn't help but stare into them.

"You know... my tail is pretty dry." Hina muttered, and Sakura picked Hina up again, bridal style.

The pirate carried the mermaid outside of Sakura's headquarters, and onto the main deck.

Her crew gathered around the white haired woman as she held her mermaid friend.

"This is Aoi Asahina. She won't hurt you." Sakura explained, and her crew nodded and shot out "okay"s.

Hina nuzzled her head into Sakura's shoulder, and Sakura smiled softly.

"Your tail is dry, correct? Why don't we put you back into the ocean?" Sakura suggested, and Hina looked up at her.

"Oh... that would be awesome! My family is probably worried sick about me!" Aoi exclaimed.

Sakura nodded softly, and brought the siren over to the edge of the ship.

They had stopped the ship right in front of a medium sized rock, and Captain Ogami stepped onto the railing of the boat.

She gently placed Hina onto the rock, and cupped the mermaid's face in her strong hands.

"I hope I will see you again sometime." Sakura said, smiling.

"Me too!" Hina grinned, and the two girls nuzzled their noses together before Hina dove into the murky water.

Have A Great Day Or Night!