Chapter 2

Grey, from my team, served the ball. I think he is really good at playing because he played with the ball expertly that the other team were not able to catch it. So the point was ours. He served again and the he expertly served the ball over the net but this time Richter caught it. He let the ball set by Mike, the other team member, and Richter smashed the ball spiking it right into my area. Obviously, I won't be able to catch it so I dodge a little but thankfully, Jim caught it.

"Eyes on the ball, Nova", as he returned the ball to the other side of the net.

"Yeah, yeah, I was just warming up, you know". I said as I readied my arms when the ball comes back at me.

The ball is in our court and Grey and Jim are setting and spiking it to other side but the other team has still been able to return the ball making its way to Lyra's area and she didn't hit the ball.

The opponent started serving the ball. Izzy, easily hit the ball and Grey made a set and Jim smashed it on the other side without them bumped it. The leading points is on our team and it makes me happy even though, I didn't help a lot.

The game continues and Richter served the ball. I noticed that he was eyeing me before the whistled blew. The ball he hit flew right into my area of responsibility and unfortunately, no one saved me from hitting the ball.

"oops, my bad" I said but as I looked at my team's faces, I know that they were all disappointed.

Richter served the ball again and he hit it into me. I tried to catch up with the ball, hit it and return it but, I only hit the ball, still into the wrong direction, into Mr. Rolley's feet.

"Hey man! What's wrong? Just hit the ball will you?" I can hear my team rumbling how I need to be alert and it's just volleyball, I just need to hit it and return it to them. This is so bad , I thought to myself. I just want to quit the game and hit the showers but maybe a few minutes is left before we are completely dismissed.

Richter was the one who'll serve the ball again and he was looking at my direction again. I realized that he is throwing the ball into me because he knows that I won't catch it and they'll be earning points.

"Hey Jim", I slowly whispered at Jim, whose knees are already bent and so concentrated with the ball. "I think the ball will hit my AOR. You need to help me here", I said as I am looking from him to Richter.

I guess I was right because the ball really went flying into me, I moved and Jim saved the ball and hit it returning it to the other side of the net. The ball went flying from my court to the other side of the court. My team still has the winning points so I have a feeling that we will win this game. The ball was still up in the air, bouncing from one player to another. Jim and Grey are the one saving the ball and Richter, Mike and Jessie from the other team. I noticed that Mr. Rolley stood up and checked his watched and murmured that the time is up.

My eyes went back to the live game when everyone was shouting from my team, "Nova, save the ball!" but I was already too late to fully understand what they were saying when the ball hit directly hit my face. I fell right into the floor and I heard people shouting,

"oh no, Nova, are you alright?", "what happened?"

"Nova, talk to me", I guess that was Amy talking to me.

I also heard some voices around me talking, "why did you hit her right into her face, Richter?"

And my mind went completely blank.