Eighth Cup

Teacups and Teapots:

Chapter 8:

Ciel looked up as his cousin sat back down. Her eyes were dark and narrowed. He only ever saw her look like that when she was up against a tough opponent. He briefly wondered if she had had a fight in the girl's toilets, but the sensible side of his mind rejected that.

"Are you all right? Did something happen in the toilets?" he asked and watched as her face rapidly turned blank.

"I'm fine. I nearly dropped my phone down the toilet," she said and picked up her teacup quickly. "The tea is cold."

Ciel looked around for the nearest employee to find it was Finny. He waved and the blonde bounded over happily.

"What can I get you, young master?"

"Lizzie would like refill of her tea," Ciel said and checked what tea it was. "Ceylon."

"Would you like any more cake?" Finny offered.

"Does everyone here offer Ciel cake?" Lizzie asked suddenly and Ciel knew what was coming.

"Some cake has fruit, it's part of your 5-a-day," he protested.

"Ciel, you're 19 and the owner of a confectionary company, you know it doesn't work like that," he reprimanded him before turning back to Finny. "I will just have tea, thank you."

Finny moved away and left Ciel to be lectured by Lizzie.

"Of course I know my dietary guidelines. I have updated all of the nutritional labelling on the confectionary to be in line with new labelling legislation," Ciel argued.

Lizzie looked doubtful. "That's good. How much work can you get done here? I would not say that this place has the best working atmosphere."

Ciel nodded in agreement. "Some of the financial reports don't quite add up at the moment. It's probably because it's hard to concentrate here with Sebastian stalking me and Grell stalking Sebastian..."

"You will not have to put up with it for much longer," she smiled a little too cheerfully. "You will get plenty of work done next week."

Ciel cast her a suspicious look, noting that she seemed happy about him not having to stay at the teashop.

"Don't you like this place? I thought you would like it."

"Under normal circumstances I would. Everything is very cute and the cake is high quality, but..." Lizzie paused.

Ciel looked at her expectantly. "Yes?"

"It doesn't matter," her gaze lifted to something behind Ciel and he looked around to see Sebastian walking towards them with a teapot in his hands.

Lizzie pushed her teacups towards him and smiled acerbically.

"Your outfit has a sophisticated aesthetic, Sebastian."

Ciel observed as Sebastian gave her a quizzical look before adding milk to her tea.

"...Thank you, young lady."

Lizzie smiled again and Ciel was sure that it was more of a smirk than a smile. Something strange seemed to be going on between his cousin and Sebastian.

"That said, I prefer a cuter look myself," she said and bent down to rummage in her pink handbag. "There!"

As she spoke she drew something pink out and swiftly placed it on Sebastian's head before he could do anything to stop her. Ciel snorted with laughter when he saw what it was. Sebastian was now wearing a frilly pink bonnet on his head.