The Other Murderer

Just a few miles over there was another town, Matarville. One that lived in the same fear. The fear of being murdered. The difference was, if they would only do their Spanish lessons, the town would have nothing to fear.
      Duo always gave plenty of warnings before he would kill his victims. When the Spanish lessons on his app weren't completed he would send notifications. If they weren't completed the next day he would send another. But when the notifications didn't work he would have to take more drastic measures. He would send threats. "Do your Spanish lessons or you know what happens!" He was still ignored. Once he became frustrated enough he would strike. His victims didn't do their Spanish lessons and now they wouldn't do anything.
      I guess that could be counted as a valid reason to kill someone. Duo certainly did. And I wouldn't question him.
     You would think that after countless years of murders by Duolingo, you'd think people would learn, but nobody believed the stories of the Duolingo murders. They continued downloading the app, and they continued to be murdered.
It wasn't just Matarville either. People all around the world used the Duolingo app, and people around the world were murdered. Matarville is the only significant town to this story though, because Duo's main headquarters were there, so they had the most murders by the Duolingo bird. Some had even witnessed Duo murder some of their friends and family. Matarville was also conveniently close to the town Peppa had grown up in and at the time, was murdering animals.
     So how did this evil green owl become partners with the legendary Peppa Pig? Well, one day, Duo was just scheming to take out a few people in his nest when he got a call. He was shocked the caller was another well-respected murderer, so he answered the phone. "Hello? This is Duo," he said.
      "I'm Peppa Pig."
      "How could I be of assistance?"
Peppa wasted no time with silly small talk, she knew what she wanted.
      "By ourselves we are great murderers. Everyone fears us. Imagine what we could do together."
      "Are you suggesting we become partners?"
       "I would have thought you'd be more intelligent, yes I am obviously suggesting we become partners, are you in?"
        Duo smiled evilly, "No need to be so short. Watch yourself carefully. I'm in."
        From then on Peppa and Duolingo were parters and murdered together. They were the deadly duo and no one could stop them, or could they?