Epilogue

"This better be mind-blowing."

Kokabiel lay with his arms folded behind his head. He was tucked into a massive king size bed amidst piles of pillows. The remnants of a room service feast laid out on the table beside it. Pictures of abstract beaches hung on the wall and sunlight glittered prettily in through the window. Asmodeus stood at the foot of the bed, unbuttoning his shirt?

"It will be," he said. "For you, anyway."

The recently-former-angel sat a little straighter against the headboard, crossing his arms over his chest and pouted.

Laughing, the demon crawled into bed.

"Wait," said Kokabiel holding up a hand. "If we do this, will you lay an egg?"

The incubus scowled.

"Where is a Twizzler when you need it?"

"No, but seriously?"

Asmodeus sighed, slid off the bed and headed to the bathroom.

"Hey, I didn't mean we couldn't," said Kokabiel. "I just think need to know how this is going to work. This is important!"

The image began to ripple and fade away into the blue water of the large seeing pool. Sitting cross-legged on the lip of the pool's edge, Bishop's soul groaned and stood up. Head hanging slightly, he half walked, half floated past the pearly dome homes of Mana's residents. When he came to the house of who had once been his mother, he entered without knocking. She was sitting on a large round pillow in front of a warm fire that Bishop knew from experience one could stick their hand right in and not be burned by.

"They're like dating now or something," he said to her.

"That's rough," she said. "But you know, there's other demons in Hell."

"I know. I know."

"That reminds me, I do know a very handsome demon named Mephitopheles you might be interested in."

"The Mephitopheles?"

"Oh no," she said, smiling and taking his hand. "Just a Mephistopheles..."