Chapter Eight

"Wake up children, you have to wash up and eat breakfast ! "What time is it?" I asked scratching my head. "Its 8:00 a.m. "Go get your brother up, so you guys can eat a hot breakfast," she insisted. Pushing Tucker out the bed, he fell off and woke up and rubbed his side. "FUCK ! He swore. "Ida wants us to eat breakfast, so come in the kitchen."

Ida had a big pot of Oatmeal on the stove and I saw he pull two plates out the cabinet . She plopped a plate full of oatmeal on both of them and set them in front of us. "I don't think I'll be able to finish all of this," I looked from the pile of oatmeal to Mrs. Ida. "Nonsense child, you need to eat to put some meat on your bones, you just as skinny. I'm surprised you and your brother haven't passed out," She commented looking over us.

I felt insulted, but dug in the breakfast, nonetheless. It was the best oatmeal I had ever tasted. Tucker was shoveling the oatmeal in his mouth like he was in a eating contest. "Alright, when you choke don't expect me to give you CPR," I warned him. He slowed down and took time to chew it. When we finished, I took our plates and rinsed them out in the sink. Tucker walked to the bathroom to shower and get ready for school, while I searched the bag for clothes to wear.

Eventually, I found some ripped jeans and and a green shirt read Good Luck Charm on it with a lucky charm on the front of it. "Its about time, what were you doing in their stiffing yourself?" I teased. He didn't say nothing, so I took that as a yes. I quickly showered and put my clothes on and grabbed my black converse and we headed out the door. "Were off to school Mrs. Ida !" I yelled and shut the front door.

It was weird, because I didn't hear Mrs. Ida say bye or anything for that matter, maybe she was focused on the news. The walk to school seemed quicker than yesterday, I guess since we were closer. I walked in class without making a scene and I guess the teacher was oblivious, because she didn't comment. Classes were full of taking notes and I end up having home in two classes.

I decided to see Kendrick today, because I missed him way too much. So, I walked out the door at 5 after 1. I was looking down arranging my books, until I ran into something hard. "Wth! " "Monique ! Looking up, I realized it was Kendrick, he looked worried and I knew I had a lot of explaining to do. "Hey, I was just coming to meet you," I said smiling at him, but he didn't seem to smile back.

"I'll explain everything, but can we please go to your place," I stared into his eyes. "Yea, get in," he said with an attitude. If I were him, I would have an attitude at me too, I thought to myself. We pulled up to his place and we got out. "So, what's been going on?" Kendrick glared at me like he was glaring a hole into my head.

"First, my mama boyfriend raped me, then threatened me. Tucker was questioned at school about how things were going at home and then told on us. The teacher ended up calling Child Services and they came and got us. Mama acted like she cared at first, then she showed her true colors. In the service I made a friend name lacy, the next day we got adopted. We thought the family was perfect, until the lady (Rochelle) boyfriend raped me, then we ended up sneaking out. Tucker almost got ran over and that night we slept outside. After school, a lady got our attention and was asking questions like were we alright and Tucker said No, but I tried to make like everything was ok. The woman asked Tucker is that what he was gonna say and he shook his head and explained everything for us, then she opened up her home to us. Its not much, but we are ok and eating pretty good," I said in one big breath.

Kendrick just sat there, I just let him sit there and let everything I had just said sink in. "Why you didn't tell me Monique?" His gaze softened and he slipped his arms around me. "I been telling you for years that you always gotta home here," he held me in his arms and I laid against his chest. "Were doing good, shouldn't you be happy we have a roof over our head," I looked into his eyes.

"I am happy y'all doing ok, but I still feel bad that I wasn't able to be there for you," he said rubbing his index finger along my cheek. "You wanna get your mind off all this and relieve some stress?" He raised his right eyebrow and I already knew what he was talking about.

"My body is sore baby, I can't deal with nobody else touching me there," I mumbled.

"You know its other ways to be pleasured, right?" He licked his lips. I laid back on the bed and pushed myself to the top, and let Kendrick handle the rest. He slowly pulled everything off me from the waist down and kissed me all over, causing me to shiver under his touch. He kissed my pussy and licked on the side of it teasing me. "Don't play with me," I whined.

Then, he started licking and sucking at it. His tongue flicking up and down faster causing me to arch my back in pleasure. Eventually, I released myself and felt alot better. Gladly, he cared enough not to want me do take care of him. "Will you hold me?" I whispered in his ear. He gently turned me over and wrapped his arms around me.

Kendrick held me for a long time, I closed my eyes and as soon as I did I heard light snoring coming from behind me. "Kendrick, baby ! Wake up, I need to go get my brother." "Oh shit ! He looked at the clock and leaped off the bed grabbing his car keys. "Put your clothes on before we're late," he said looking my exposed body. "Dang, I'm trippin' hard." Pulling my clothes on, I slipped my feet in my shoes and we left.

"Hey Tucker," Kendrick greeted as we pulled up to his school. "Hop in, I'll drop y'all off." Tucker got in and we rode the short distance to Ida bea's place. "It's right here," I said pointing at the apartments. "Y'all be safe," he said kissing me on the lips. "Bye babe," he rolled the window up and drove off.

"The door's unlocked," Tucker looked at it. "Wait, let me go in first," he followed close behind me looking for anything else to be off. Ida bea was in the same place she was this morning. Slowly, we walked up to her and looked at her. "Mrs. Ida," I patted her shoulder. When she slumped over, I checked her pulse. My heart sank in my chest, when I couldn't feel a pulse. "Call 911, quick get the phone.

"911, what's your emergency?" The lady asked. "My brother and I came home today and the door was unlocked. When we entered the house, we looked for anything to see if it were out of the ordinary. Everything looked the same, but I realized the lady we were living with was seated in the same chair this morning when my brother and I left for school," I was trembling. "I can detect where you are right now since your using a house phone, we'll send someone right over," the lady hung up.

Tucker came over to hugged me and calmed me down. Fifteen minutes later, there were blue and red lights flashing and an ambulance outside. I could see the men bringing a stretcher up the steps and I swung the door open. I felt like I was in some type of movie. "We'll take you two down to the station to give a statement, then you'll be free to go."