03. Skin Tight

"Put your feelings aside
Boy, make the drive, you told me, just ask
'Cause you know how I like it
Swallow your pride, won't cover my tracks
I care for you, no one else, babe
You deserve someone new
If I can't call you, I won't shake it
Even though you should leave me for good"
- Ravyn Lenae

"Put your feelings aside Boy, make the drive, you told me, just ask'Cause you know how I like itSwallow your pride, won't cover my tracksI care for you, no one else, babeYou deserve someone newIf I can't call you, I won't shake itEven though you s...

"Nigga, you hear me talking to you?!" Shad called out, snapping my attention from my phone. I've been texting Nia nonstop since I left her house the other morning. Our conversations have been all over the place, but it hasn't gotten boring yet. There's something about her that keeps pulling me in and I want to keep talking to her, keep learning new things about her. In a way we've been using each other as an outlet.

"Yeah, I hear you. What's up?" I mumbled while hitting send on my text. I stayed at Nia's until six that morning. I literally had to rush from her house and back home to get myself and Brianna ready for school. Meli began stirring on my chest and I quickly placed my hand on her back to settle her. The last thing I want is to wake her up and throw her off the sleeping schedule I have her on.

"You fuck that girl?" I locked my phone, giving him my full attention.

"Here you go." I picked my phone back up as it vibrated, looking at the text from Nia.

"That means yes cause yo ass would've just said no if you didn't."

"No, I didn't fuck her. Why do you care anyways?" I glanced up at him before looking back down at my phone to text Nia back.

"Careem, who the hell you texting right now?" I could tell by the tone of his voice that he was smirking.

"It ain't even like that. She just be wanting someone to talk to. She barely know anyone out here."

"Yeah, a'ight nigga. When you going to get Banana?" He questioned, referring to Brianna. I checked the time on my phone, seeing it's about time to go get her now.

"Shit, right now."

"You sure you wanna take my Meli with you?" Today I'm taking Brianna to go visit our dad. I'm checking her out early from school so we can do the forty plus minute drive down to the prison. She still hasn't told me what she wants to talk to him about, but I'll find out when we get there.

"I want him to meet her since ain't no telling when I'll be down to see him again. We only going down there because Anna wanna talk to him about something." That and I finally have the gas money to do the drive with what I got paid for the drop I did for Nia. I got paid way more than I was expecting to get paid for that job which helped me stock up on more formula and pay half of Brianna's tennis fees until I can pay the rest when I get my work check.

"A'ight. Hit me if you need something." I stood up and slapped hands with him before making my way out to my car. I carefully strapped Meli into her carseat, being very cautious not to wake her up. Once that was successful I jogged over to get into the driver's side and started the quick drive to Brianna's school. Anna's school isn't very far from Shad and Jayla's place . It's very convenient when I have work and school back to back because they're easily able to go pick her up.