Lights Out

Lucid was in her cozy home, chilling on the couch, the news droning on about some people mysteriously going missing around her town. It was just background noise to her at this point, she just blankly stared at the TV, reminiscing all the good times she's had throughout her life—that she could remember of course.

Slowly, her eyes started dropping, eventually falling asleep.

A couple hours later, the next thing she knew, she was in a dull, messy white room. Her back didn't seem to enjoy the thin mattress she was sleeping on as the moment she sat up, it started screaming at her in pain.

Across the tiny room from the bed was a small table. A paper was on it, but she didn't bother reading it, thinking it was some useless paper. Shrugging and ignoring the almost intolerable pain in her back, she got off the bed and tried to open the knob-less door. She tried putting her hands firmly on the door, pushing against it or trying to pull it to either side, getting her nails in the crack that she managed to find and pull that way, but nothing worked.

Growing in annoyance, she hopped back up on the bed and sat back against the wall despite the pestering pain. That's when she noticed the voices going on around her, and more specifically one that happened to be right outside her door. Something muffled, but then she heard the words "D-6274". She was confused. What was this "D-6274"?

Either way, she was startled when her door made a loud shriek before opening slowly, revealing some dudes dressed up in some sort of guard outfit, but more advanced, and holding some medium sized guns.

One of them spoke. "D-6274, please exit your cell."

Slowly, she slid off the bed and went outside of the room she was being kept in.

The guard to the left started walking, the other one walking behind her and pushing her forward with the front bit of the gun.

She winced, but complied and started following the one that stopped to make sure she followed.

After much walking, they stopped at some room that was decently big, high ceilings and walls as white as the cell she was in just minutes ago.

The one in front moved to the side. Lucid was confused for a moment, stopping to look at him with confusion written all over her face, but the guard behind her roughly shoved her back with his gun once more, making her grunt from the sudden shock of pain. She complied and continued walking through the door she saw in front of her, reaching a room with a second floor balcony that overlooked the first floor, giant brown rust-covered gates looking quite obvious against the off-white walls.

Two guys were standing in front of the door, one looking inside at some weird peanut-like statue that was almost twice her height, the other one turning his head around to look at her, but not moving her body. That's when she noticed that not only were the two of them wearing orange jumpsuits, like the ones you would see prisoners wearing, but so was she. This made her internally panic inside, wondering what she's done to get her in here.

"D-6274, please stand in front of the gate and wait for further instruction," a loud voice boomed over the intercom, causing her to look up at the balcony, finally noticing the person dressed up in a lab coat, blue turtleneck, and khaki pants. He was looking straight at her, confirming her suspicions that she was this "D-6274" person.

She was hesitant, but once she heard the threat that followed to exterminate her, she quickly shuffled to stand beside the other, supposed, prisoners.

After almost a minute, the person finally spoke back up, instructing them to go inside of the room.

When they entered, the doors closed, finally closing with a loud clank that made her jump slightly. One of the guys noticed this and smirked in amusement, letting out a huff through his nose.

The instructor told them to keep looking at the statue, no matter what, and to not even blink. So she did. Although they weren't completely open, she kept them open enough to look at the weird statue facing the wall in the left corner.

Suddenly, the doors started cranking open with loud clanking and creaking noises, as if it was being opened forcefully, which confused her. Then the lights flickered. Flicker, snap, flicker, snap, and then when the lights came back on, she noticed the statue was now not in the corner, and instead standing right above the corpse of the guy closest to her, the other one dead on the ground as well.

Their necks were twisted, body facing towards the ground, head facing towards the ceiling. It was a sickening sight, almost making her throw up. She swallowed the bile back down, and started quivering with fear. She was next, wasn't she?

The lights go out once more.

First chapter out! Woohoo!
To all those who read the original, yes it's much like the first chapter of the original and is very much based on the beginning bit of SCP: Containment Breach.
From now on, it won't be completely based off of it, and will be a somewhat original story with tidbits inspired from other SCP stories which I've lost in the hundreds of stories I've had saved.
Just trying to get this story started lol