.15

Yet another full moon was due in a few days. It seemed like the last one just happened because everyone had been stuck in a nonstop haze of homework. There wasn't room to even think about anything else. Thankfully, Remus and I managed to find some time away from the others and our homework to work on our project in the potions classroom.

"So obviously what we've tried so far hasn't amounted to anything other than explosions" I said staring gloomily at that stupid plant as Remus clipped off one of the leaves.

"Maybe we're just going the wrong route" he said placing down the clippers and the freshly cut leaf.
"How are we supposed to know which is right and wrong. I don't even know why I thought we could do this" I said sat in a chair with my head resting on my arms on the desk in front of it.

"I just feel like this was a stupid idea and the only thing that it's giving me is false hope" I said gloomily.

"I mean at least we're trying" Remus said. I peered at him over my arms and saw he had a cute smile on his face.

"How come you're so happy today" I asked.
"With the full moon coming soon I thought you'd be a little more agitated"

"I mean I'm finally getting a break from work and I get to spend it with you" He said with a shrug before his cheeks turned a little pink.
"I mean..you know so we can figure out this potion thing" he said trying not to meet my eye.

I found myself replying before I could stop myself. "I'm glad I get to spend my free time with you" I said looking at him with a smile. "It's definitely better than homework"

"Yeah" He breathes out with a small smile, his eyes meeting with mine." Definitely better"
We sat there looking at each other for a bit before I spoke up, clearing my throat.
"Well we best get going with this" I said standing up and grabbing a few ingredients.
Remus gave me an odd look before silently going to get ingredients from the cubbard. We altered our steps from last time and continued the brewing process for quite some time before deciding we needed to stop.

"I mean at least we didn't blow anything up this time" he said with a lighthearted smile as he poured the contents of the cauldron into a glass bottle so we could analyze it later on.

"True. That was rather awful" I said grabbing the leftover items and walking out the door with him close behind me.

"Should we go to dinner?" He asked, putting the vial in his pocket.

"I am but I promised lily I would sit with her" I said guiltily.

"Oh. no problem" he said giving me a disappointed smile. "Maybe I'll see you later then?"

"Yeah definitely." I said giving him a small smile. We walked in silence for a bit before I spoke up.

"Actually would you like to do something tonight. Maybe go on a night walk or something. I'd really like some fresh air before tomorrow" I asked hopefully

His face broke out in a happy smile. "Yeah I would really like that"

"Alright then. Meet in the common room at 11?" I asked

"Sounds great" he said giving me a sweet smile. We reached the great hall and opened the doors.

"I'll see you later then?" I called behind me as I went to sit down next to Lily.

"Wouldn't miss it" he called back as he sat next to Sirius on the other end of the Gryffindor table.

"Wouldn't miss what?" Lily crosses her arms and smirked at me.

"Nothing" I said rolling my eyes. "Remus and I are hanging out tonight that's all."

"Ohh I see." She said uncrossing her arms and resuming her meal.

"What does that mean" I said narrowing my eyes at her while scooping mashed potatoes  onto my plate.

"Nothing" She said I'm a sing song voice. "I'm just happy you two are spending so much time together. You're finally realizing your potential as a couple"

"What!" I said as I placed a slice of steak on my plate. "What is wrong with you we're literally just going on a walk"

"Ooh that actually sounds so romantic" she said pretending to stare into the distance dreamily.

"No it doesn't we just have a lot to talk about" I said blushing a little as I cut into my food.

"I'm sure you do" she said cheekily.

"Shut up" I said looking away from her to the other end of the table. My eyes unexpectedly met with Remus' and I brought my head down blushing even more.

"Fine I'll drop it for now" She said grinning, "but don't make me say I told you so when you realize it would be perfect, you guys are just so similar"

"Yeah in ways you wouldn't imagine" I muttered under my breath frowning.

"What was that? words of denial?" Lily asked me. I just have her a look and kept eating.

"Maybe" I said giving her an amused smile. We really were quite similar, and helped
Each other in a lot of ways.

"Ha" she said looking proud.

Despite us joking around, I really was looking forward to meeting Remus later.