Tracking of Feelings Pt. 2

Dani's POVAs we kept walking, we decided to entertain ourselves and getting to know each other by playing 21 questions to get rid of the boredom

Dani's POV
As we kept walking, we decided to entertain ourselves and getting to know each other by playing 21 questions to get rid of the boredom. Turns out, we have some things in common. Crazy, right? I didn't think we are somewhat alike in a way. Right now, it's the 12th round and also my turn to ask him a question.

"Okay, so favorite band?" I asked him. Tim chuckles as we climbed over a log that been stuck in between two cliffs which forms bridge, crossing over it and walking carefully across the log to avoid falling down.

"Queen." He answers, hopping off the log first before holding his arm out. I placed my hands on his shoulder as he caught my waist, and I was placed down to the ground on my feet. I nodded in thanks along with a small smile and we kept walking. "So what about you, what's your favorite band?" He said.

"Led Zepplin." I responded as I kicked a small rock away with my foot. We both found a small passageway on a small hill and we walked down the path carefully to avoid tripping over something. I glanced up at him in the corner of my eye, noticing the look on his face. He looked conflicted for some reason. "I know what you're think. I can see it from the expression on you." I tell him.

"I wanted to ask, but I don't think its the right time..."

"Shoot." I wonder what got him hesitant all of a sudden? The question can't be that bad, right?

"How did you get in detention in the first place?" Hearing this, I stopped in my tracks, biting my lower lip. I always knew this would happen...but I didn't expect it to come so soon. Especially in this dilemma we're facing right now. I hear his footsteps coming to a stop also as I avoided his gaze. "From what Mr. Bentley said earlier, it wasn't your first time in detention." Again, I stayed silent for a moment, but I knew he was right about this. I hear him let out a sigh before speaking up. "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to--" This time I cut him off.

"No." I let out a small sigh. "I want to...Where do I begin..." With that, I told him my story of how I gotten detention.

-Flashback Begin-
It was 3rd hour, and I was currently in my Advanced Foods & Nutrition class. I was sitting on a stool at my station, waiting for the macaroons I had solely made to finish baking in the oven so that I could put in some cream in them. Yeah, our assignment is to make a baked goods to donate for a charity event, I decided to make some macaroons. Most of my classmates either baked cupcakes, cookies, etc. etc.

Anyways, as I waited for them to finish, I heard a distinct conversation from a couple stations away. I glanced up and instantly rolled my eyes at the sight. It was Bethany's best friend and my replacement, Lucinda, and her supposed ex-boyfriend Noah. They were obviously not doing anything besides making a flambé from what I overheard, but they were too focused on flirting with each other. I wonder if Bethany is even aware of this. Not that I cared, but still. I went back to focus on doing my pop quiz that we had also to work on while we bake. But then their topic now became about Bethany.