Epilogue

S w i t c h i n g P o i n t of V i e w: T a n e k i

-

We watched as Ultimate Despair ripped apart Gasho.

-

Taneki

Lucinia, you're the Leader now. We have to take you in. We need to figure out how to stop this.

Lucinia

Oh I know how.

-

Lucinia walked to the edge of the cliff.

-

Lucinia

MY PEOPLE! To show your loyalty to me, you must do only ONE THING! And that is... to TAKE YOUR OWN LIVES!

Taneki

WHAT?!

Isamu

Taneki!

Taneki

WHY ARE YOU SAYING MY NAME? THAT'S EVIL!

-

We looked at the ocean as hundreds, thousands, millions started to kill themselves. Shooting themselves, stabbing themselves. It was just a wave of self-inflicted slaughter. This is... This isn't right!

-

Lucinia

Damn. That's gonna be an awful clean-up.

Taneki

WHAT THE HELL, LUCINIA?

Isamu

Taneki. Despair is over now. It's okay.

Taneki

THAT'S BILLIONS OF SUICIDES! THAT'S NOT OKAY!

Isamu

Taneki-

Taneki

NO! I'm calling Kinnie and Alden. Isamu... I can't. I'm sorry but I can't. I'm gonna take Lucinia to Kinnie and Alden's base and lock her up. You can lead Haven now.

Isamu

W-What? You're leaving?

Taneki

Yes. Look at that. How can you support that?

Isamu

Taneki, please-

Taneki

I'm sorry, Isamu. But I'm not gonna be able to rest ever again. Goodbye.

-

I handcuffed Lucinia and waited at a helicopter pad to wait for Kinnie and Alden.

-

Lucinia

He's right, Taneki. You should be happy that Despair is over.

Taneki

Shut up.

Lucinia

I don't regret it, but I'm sorry Taneki. You were a good friend to me.

Taneki

...

-

I began to cry.

Lucinia shut up.

A couple hours later, I saw a helicopter coming our way.

It'll take years to recover from Ultimate Despair.

But as long as we do it one step at a time...

Hope will prevail.

-

END.

-

Where are they now?

Isamu - Isamu, as the new leader of Haven, is still heartbroken over Taneki's departure. He created a memorial site to honour the deaths of the killing game that took place, excluding Kokuren and Gasho. Surviving Ultimates aren't very fond of Isamu's lead due to his stubbornness and less fun nature, but they endure it anyways.

Taneki, Kinnie and Alden - Taneki had left Haven to join Kinnie's and Alden's base, named 'Bastion'. She now works as a second-in-command, focusing on clean-up and wrangling up any lost survivors of Despair. The three of them are working together to re-establish schools, stores, entertainment, politics, etcetera. They're fixing the world.

Lucinia - Lucinia spends all of her time in a cell inside of Bastion, however recently she has begun work around the area such as farming for them. She enjoys it, but dislikes the constant eyes on her from guards. She harvests tomatoes and gives them to the cafeteria. She tries her best to talk to Taneki, Kinnie and Alden, any chance she gets. She always apologises and makes jokes, just like she used to back during their killing game. After time, Taneki gave her a framed photo of Talia. She swears on her that she'll continue doing her best to help restore the world.