Prolouge

The virus dubbed "The Mutation" had spread like malicious gossip and had everyone cowering in fear that they retreated to cities underground. This mutation was neither natural or bio-engineered, it was a gradual natural adaption wrecking havoc against us, and has over ninety percent kill rate.

Animals seemed to have a different take to the virus, they basically bathed in it knowing that us humans are fair game; animals becoming immune to the virus. They developed feature's that made them astronomically large to proportion and basically merge with another species around them.

Human's didn't need ninety percent of the products, they were attempting to not ruin the planet as much as they already did. They didn't want to start another war when everything was so damaged from the virus. They already had the technology to better the generations to come. Most folks abandoned the malls and supermarkets, the world vanquished of humans except; for the ones who couldn't afford to or where left stranded to be Surfacers.

After the merge in underground cities, the world up top was ruled by the Mutation. Human's never roamed up here again, well besides the Surfacers. A few years before the tipping point we realized our insanity for over fifty years, they still have all the consumer goods they needed to live a comfortable modern lifestyle. They had enough electronics, ovens, spoons, bowls, bedding, clothes in the homes and in stores all over the world to just hunker down until Undergrounders technology would somehow make the Mutation disappear.

Welcome to the 24th Century.