Chapter one.

Ned Nickerson tore a hand through his hair. Nancy Drew, his girlfriend and now real detective, was missing. While on a case in Washington DC, she had been kidnapped and went missing with nothing but a paper with numbers that no one even tried to decode. That was what annoyed Ned the most. His was-going-to-be-fiance was gone, Bess and George were falling apart, and mysteries were appearing everywhere. With Nancy gone, there was no one to take care of that. Walking into Bess's clothing shop she had just opened, 'Fashion Treasure', he looked around for her. Bess Marvin had always been a fashionista. And of course, Nancy knew that. After she got a real job as a detective around the world, she put her money into buying an old café and making it into the store Bess always dreamed of. The place always reminded him of Nancy... Ned shook his  head and walked down to the back of the store. He rang a tiny bell on the counter and waited.
   "Coming!" Bess's voice floated out.
   "Nah its fine Bess. Its just Ned. If you are busy you can just get back to it."
   "Oh, no no no no no! I needed a break anyhow."
   Ned smiled.
   Bess came out of the 'back room' and wiped at her dress. It would have looked wonderful on Nance with the Midnight blue sash around the waist of the white dress, and the gems- Ned stopped his self short. Thinking of Nancy only made it worse.
   "Now, what's up, Nick?"
   Ned leaned in and ignored the pet name. "I think we should go look for Nancy ourselves."
   Bess looked him dead in the eye and said, "alright. I'll call George."
   Ned blinked. He'd had an entire speech ready. "Uhhh okay."
   "Well I still need a while to pack but we will be ready in an hour."
   Ned chuckled.
   "Okay. Call me when you are ready."
   Bess gave him a thumbs up. "A okay!"

Note from alicorns; sorry its a boring first chapter! It will get more exiting later. I will try my best to write a new one every day.