Chapter 4

-Nancy-

the returning smell of sedatives tingled in my nose, and I sneezed.

    "oh good, the fool's awake," I heard Vanessa say, snorting right after.

   i ground my teeth. "let me out."

   she laughed as if I had made a joke. "we were just planning your DEATH, sweetheart. speaking of, which method would you like?"

   I spat. "none. let me out. i didn't do anything to you."

   "you're right," she admitted, surprising me. "nothing to ME. you do plenty to all the other villains and everyone who crosses your path wrong."

   my hands felt numb, but I could still reach the knot. if only I could untie it...? 

"you," I said to buy time, "are a conceded snob."

I heard Vanessa walk across the concrete floor of the room. a basement maybe? her heels clicked with each step forward, and then they stopped.

   "get the truck." she whispered, just loud enough for me to hear. fabric rustled, and my hands were getting feeling back. 

   someone walked behind me. it sounded like he wore cowboy boots, but I couldn't be sure. something slipped into my hand. a... phone?! what was I to do with thi- oh wait. it was a Blackberry. i owned one. guessing my accuracy, I pressed my finger on the app where the phone was located. pressed the firmilliar code of numbers, and the phone was picked up by the first ring.

   "hello?" 

   "Ned, its me."

   "...NANCY?!

end of chapter 4