"Make You Stay"

A/N: Hey guys! Soooo, I know you guys have been anxiously awaiting part two to "Like To Be You," so here it is! This song request comes from SamanthaVitale3 Thank you for the love, and of course, I hope you enjoy it! 🧡
Song: "Make You Stay" by Girl and The Dream Catcher
Rating: Everyone

***

"You blame me, don't you?" Mac asks you while you both sit on the couch of the War Room, doing the only thing you can do - waiting while the team gathers some intel. It makes you so angry that you can't do something more. You feel so helpless in this situation.

You don't say anything to him, fueling the silence.

"Can you just admit it?! Yell at me. Blame me. It's better than you saying nothing at all," he urges.

"I don't want to blame you," you tell him angrily. "But..."

"But, you do."

"When I'm crazy and I don't know why, won't you calm me down and read my mind? Would you still send shivers up my spine? Nothing I wouldn't do."

"I didn't say that." Your face turns from mad to upset, hopeless even. Mac notices, and his eyes soften just a bit. "What if we don't get him back?" you ask anxiously. You hated to say it, but that very idea has been weighing on your mind since this whole thing started.

"We will. I won't stop until he's back safely." Mac places a hand on your shoulder, and you flinch. But, then you relax a little. "I promised that I would do anything for my family, and I intend on keeping that promise."

Your face softens. "Then, why does it feel like we aren't doing anything?"

"Matty knows what to do and who to call. Riley's searching. I know you want to do something. So do I. But, we have to trust them."

A few moments later, Matty comes in, "We've got a lead," she announces.

You stand up, feeling a bit of hope, finally.

Mac joins the rest of the team as they update him on the new information.

You feel completely out of your element here, but you need answers. You rub your hands together nervously. "I'm coming with you," you tell the team.

Mac turns back to you. "I can't let you do that."

"I am his mother. If you're going, then I'm going too."

"Y/N, please. I don't want you getting hurt. If anything happens to you..." he pauses, a look of fear crossing his face. "I can't lose you, and AJ can't lose you."

The look on his face is one that you haven't seen in a while. You consider for a moment, not wanting to give in.

But, finally, you nod. Mac grabs his things as he follows everyone out of the room. You call out to him. "Mac, be careful."

"I will. I'm gonna bring him home."

***Some time later***

You wait back at HQ with Bozer and Matty. Pacing the floor, you're sure you could wear a hole straight through the floor, as you continue to say silent prayers.

The team's coms went out about twenty minutes ago, and the three of you wait with bated breath, not sure exactly what happened. The atmosphere is heavy, tense, and no one knows what they could say to make you feel better.

But, finally, Matty's phone rings, piercing through the silence, and your heart quickens its hurried rhythm.

"Desi?" she answers in anticipation. As she listens to what Desi has to say, relief washes over her face.