Chapter 4 - Student council meeting

Zenitsu wakes up in the middle of the night and surprisingly, not from a nightmare. He woke up confused.

Zenitsu stared at the ceiling and he was thinking.

He hasn't been attracted to girls lately. Yes, girls are pretty and he wished to have a family with somebody one day... But does he want that now? There could be a day when his other half become sick of his inability to speak and walk out on him at any given time. Does he want to risk a heartbreak?

Granted, Zenitsu did have his heart broken a couple of times, with girls pretending to be in a relationship with him just so they could use him, but that was on him. He liked the idea of being in a relationship because it meant that he could build a family of his own.

Maybe Zenitsu just wants someone to say to him, 'Zenitsu, welcome home honey.', and his partner will give him a nice embrace that will help him keep on going in life. Then, his two children will come running towards him... Calling him papa and telling him what they did in school on that day...

Zenitsu had been fantasizing about many scenarios to the point where it's unhealthy. Is this good for his mental health? At least in his head, just for a little bit, he could feel like he was good enough.

Zenitsu placed his hands over his phone and hisses when the light from his phone hit his eyes. Stupid.

He scrolls through his phone.

Zenitsu needs to talk to someone before he enters into deep thought mode... It's not a good place to be.

Gramps...
Inosuke...
Nezuko...
Tanjiro...

Blocked numbers...8

Zenitsu couldn't call gramps, sadly enough. He could, and he had sent him many voicemails ever since Gramp's death but hearing nothing at the end of the line was hard. Zenitsu wished he could hear him nag at him again, but that will just be a luxury that he could never have.

Inosuke? Don't be stupid. They barely interacted with each other during the past few days and he didn't feel like he could confide in Inosuke.

Nezuko??? Honestly, he had half the mind to do that but... that's weird. Past him was weird. Why did he do the things he did? Wow. Zenitsu pulls his hair back with the back of his palm and grumbles something inaudible.

He could text Tanjiro. Will he be awake at such an ungodly hour? Tanjiro seems like a good boy that sleeps early every day. Zenitsu could try his luck.

Zenitsu: Tanjiro?

He sent a message but soon after, he felt really stupid about it. Perhaps he should consider unblocking one of the numbers from the girls who had cheated him and maybe ask(beg) for them to be together again. Pathetic, right?

Tanjiro(*×*)/: Wow, I didn't know you would be awake at this time.

Tanjiro(*×*)/: What's up?

Oh god, he is awake.

Zenitsu: Udbsjbduebziej Why are you awake now??

Tanjiro(*×*)/: Well... I have to lay out tomorrow's meeting plan. I might have slacked a little, hahaha

Zenitsu: Whattt? Do you need to plan out those things??? Oh no!!! Why am i not helping you???

Tanjiro(*×*)/: Well... you're new here, so i didn't want to give u such a hard task that fast. Slowly ease into your duties, you know?

Zenitsu: At least let me help you! I want to be useful!!! I need to make a good first impression for... Nezuko??!

Tanjiro(*×*)/: Ahh well if you want to, sure. But it's really late, don't you want to get some sleep?