Chapter 7 - Double date

Imagine waking up in the morning after having a sweet dream as you open your sleepy eyes open to...

Someone's face.

Zenitsu lets out a silent scream and faints when forehead hits forehead. It seems like fainting spells are going to be a common thing that's going to be happening a lot at this period of time of Zenitsu's life. It's not his fault that he passed out from the pain! It was just that the forehead that met Zenitsu's was hard as a brick! Anyone or anything that comes in contact with this forehead would have their souls leaving their bodies faster than a speeding bullet.

-

Zenitsu's eyes flutter open as the sun rays from his opened window shines into the room. He hisses like a vampire getting caught under the sun and hid under the blanket. God, it is too damn early for this, at least for Zenitsu, who often wakes up in the afternoon. It's not like he has anything to do in the morning anyway. He either spends most of his time sleeping away the hours or plays the shamisen until late at night when people shout at him to stop playing music. He's an artist okay! A musical artist needs to practice at least 40 hours a day!

Wait.

...An open window? Tanjirou! It has to be Tanjirou, coming in whenever he pleases. He better have fixed the duct-taped door or else Zenitsu will bar him from going to his house! ...That is if Tanjirou doesn't cheat by using his puppy eyes on Zenitsu.

"...Come on, Wake up, Zenitsu!" Tanjirou chirped as he pulls the blanket that is sheltering Zenitsu from the sun away from the blond.

"I...t's too ea...ly!" Zenitsu grumbles in annoyance and covering himself under the green checkered jacket that Tanjirou had given him instead. Let's just say Zenitsu isn't an early bird nor a night owl.

Snap!

Upon hearing that camera-like sound, Zenitsu got up from bed at the drop of a hat and sees Tanjirou holding up a phone. Tanjirou moves his phone aside to see Zenitsu staring back at him with a pillow in hand. Before his mouth could open to say any kind of cheeky remark, Tanjirou's face came in contact with a pillow. It wasn't as painful as Tanjirou's forehead but it was payback for the pain that is still lingering on Zenitsu's forehead.

It is pretty funny when the pillow dropped into Tanjirou's hands. His face was priceless.

...Until Tanjirou gave a playful smile as he climbed into Zenitsu's bed as well and bombarded him with kisses and cuddles. Not that Zenitsu minded, anyway.

"Morning, sunshine." Tanjirou smiles as he pulls Zenitsu closer to him. Zenitsu looks up and bites Tanjirou's nose, earning a yelp from Tanjirou.

"...Mor...ning." Zenitsu giggles playfully before snuggling up against Tanjirou's chest.

Once Zenitsu decided that there was enough cuddling(there's never enough), he goes to the restroom to wash up. He has to get ready for the date after all. That's why Tanjirou is here, to pick him up for the date, isn't it? He does the usual morning routine, washing his face, brushing his teeth and obviously, taking a nice shower. Zenitsu spends the next half an hour to bask in the fact that Tanjirou, his boyfriend, is sitting in his room right now. Oops! He better hurry up and not leave Tanjirou waiting in his room!

Zenitsu scrambles out of the bathroom and into his room with his hair slightly dripping wet. Tanjirou was just lying in his bed while looking through his phone and looked up when the door opened. He doesn't say anything but Zenitsu could tell from the blush that was rising in his ears that Tanjirou is trying his best not to look at what he was wearing... an oversized shirt and shorts. Really. Short. Shorts.