25. Fear

What was supposed to be a great night turned out to be the opposite. The blue and red lights from the police cars brightened the streets. The neighbors entire attention was on us. There were a few officers examining the house, looking for any signs of break ins. They've searched the backyard area mostly and insisted on seeing the surveillance footage. In the meantime, we were asked not to stay in the house for safety reasons and to not implement a new password for the security system. They believed it was possible to get into the doors by coding through the security system and unlocking almost every door within the house, especially the garage. Pretty much explains how our dog lingered in there and was constantly barking.

I believe that the dog wasn't barking for no reason, she was probably already in the house before we even invited everyone over for the get together. I also believe she was the one who hurt the dog as well.

Sierra on the other hand was furious and delusional. She already jumping into the worst assumptions of Veronica potentially harming us and more importantly the baby. I told her about the threats she's made just a while ago. The police insisted that we exit the house for the night for our own safety. We were told to stay somewhere else for a following week so they can investigate more on the "break in," and my complaint on Veronica once again.

"Are you sure it was her? This was the only time she broke into your home?" The officer questioned me with a puzzled look on his face.

"Yes it was her, I'v seen her face to face in my room right after I took a shower. And yes this is the only time, that I know of that she's broken in." I said getting impatient.

"If you don't mind me asking sir, what is your relationship with her?" He asked.

I looked at him blankly, not sure if he was serious right now. It's like he's ignoring every response I'm giving him and throwing out more irrelevant questions.

"And what does that have to do with anything?" I said.

"Uhm...it's just usually that when stuff like this occurs, there's a reasoning for someone to target a person like you. Hatred, obsession, affair—"

"Excuse me," I cut him off. "How about you dig deeper in finding a way to keep my family safe, that's all I ask of you."

I walked away before he could get out another word. I found Sierra talking to another officer, I grabbed her by the arm and pulled her away. "We have to leave it's getting late," I said to her lowly. "These officers aren't helpful at all."

"Well, it takes time to investigate a break in and harassment..." she responded angrily. There was a feeling of annoyance coming from her, I don't know if it was towards me or her night being ruined by the incident.

"Is there something you want to discuss?" I asked.

"Did you give her another reason to come back," she said to me.

I furrowed my eyebrows, understanding her questioning but confused of what she was assuming. "What reason would I give her?"

"I don't know...did you see her again? Be honest with me," she crossed her arms. I can't believe she's even asking that when I've been by her side for the past weeks, taking care of the baby.

I chuckled, "You can't be serious right? When would I have the time to meet up with her? Why would I meet up with her? I thought we talked about this before..."

She shrugged, "I don't know I just think it's odd that she decides to drop by out of nowhere and specifically wants to see you again after 4 weeks..."

"She didn't drop by, she broke into our house Sierra!"

"We've installed a new security system, I don't think she would've gotten in that easy Michael,"