Chapter 42

I started to wake up but kept my eyes closed my head was still aching and I felt someone stroking the side of my face moving my hair out of the way, I slowly opened my eyes and first of all it was blurry and I was squinting but when my vision come back I saw german sitting by the hospital bed, stroking my face and holding my hand.

He was looking at me lovingly and caring as I woke up properly and i smiled tiredly when I saw him and rolled on my side to face him fully, -how you feeling?- he asked still stroking the side of my face, -okay, can I leave?- I asked but he shook his head, -no not yet- and with that the nurse come in and smiled, -ah Mrs Carrara your awake, im just going to check your head, okay?-

I nodded and the nurse sorted a few things out with my head and then left, when she was out of the room flash backs of jade kept coming back and I then remembered that she hit me over the head, -wheres jade?- I asked german panicking, he looked at me confused and softly kissed me, -don't worry, she's not here, why? Did she do this?- he said before I could answer the nurse Come and smiled at both of us.

-good news mrs Carrara you can go home but just take it easy for a few days- the nurse said and I smiled and slowly got up and german put an arm around my waist supportively and protectively, As we was walking out of the hospital and to Germans car, he asked me the same question again.

-did jade do this to you- I looked at him and smiled slightly, -yes, but it's not a big deal, I'm fine- I said but german wasn't having any of it, he looked straight a head when he said the next part, -not a big deal? Angie, you have no idea how it was to see you on the floor with a puddle of blood around your head, my heart stopped- he said and I can tell his voice was shaking just talking about it.

I wrapped my arms around him and looked up at him and then just sunk my head into his side as we walked to the car, -I'm fine now- I said softly and then we arrived at the car and he opened the door for me and helped me in and then went around his side and we began to drive home.