Chapter 5

When Vincent watched Gloxinia walk out of the class, there was this nagging feeling inside of him. It was telling him that he should follow her, just in case something would happen.

But no, Vincent thought in his head. He closed his eyes and sighed. It's not like she's a baby or anything.

...

She is a baby!

Vincent grabbed his bag and rushed out of the class. He immediately spotted Gloxinia with the previous guy walking towards the direction of the main entrance.

Vincent took a deep breath and started walking slowly, following them. He was about ten steps behind them, and he had no intention to come any closer as long as nothing happened.

This is definitely not stalking, Vincent thought to convince himself.

He observed them from behind as they walked. The guy seemed to be talking about something very passionately while Gloxinia was listening to him. So far, there was nothing out of place except for the fact that it seemed like the guy was talking one-sidedly.

On the other hand, Gloxinia was actually sincerely listening to the guy's talks.

"My mom was so annoying this morning. She kept on yelling at me to get up even though I was already awake! You know?" he rambled without sparing a glance at Gloxinia.

Gloxinia stared at him talking. Even though she tried to listen to him, she couldn't comprehend or relate to anything he was saying.

She never had parents, so she didn't know how to respond to his complaints about his mother. But he looked so fired up about it that she just didn't say anything to him. She didn't have much chance to respond, after all.

"And don't get me started on my little brother, he's just so cheeky. My parents always blame me even when it's his fault," he said with a heavy sigh and shook his head.

He seemed to notice something before turning his attention to Gloxinia.

"Let's sit down there for a while!" the guy said while pointing at a bench inside a quiet park. His face looked excited for some reason.

Thinking that this is a part of being friends and going home together, Gloxinia nodded and followed him.

The guy grabbed her hand and pulled her forward. His gaze was focused up front and he didn't take a look at Gloxinia even once.

Gloxinia raised her eyebrow at this. The guy was a bit too forceful.

And if a guy forces you to do something even though you've already refused, he's most likely a bad guy!

She remembered what Lilly said once. She said that among all the naggings she did when Gloxinia almost followed a stranger who was being kind to her.

Gloxinia stared at the back of the guy's head. She didn't know him well yet, but so far he hadn't forced her to do anything she didn't want. She decided that it would be too early to decide that he was bad.

Both of them reached the bench and the guy let Gloxinia take a seat first before taking a seat himself. He smiled, looking like he just achieved something great.

"What do you usually do, Gloxinia?" the guy asked.

"Usually... I just go home," Gloxinia said as she pursed her lips.

"R-really?"

Gloxinia observed the guy's expression. He looked bashful. Why? Because of what she said?

She couldn't tell what emotions he was feeling. She was itching to touch his face so she could understand, but Lilly once forbade her to touch other people carelessly.