Thundering Hearts

He heard bells, turned to look around wondering where it was coming from.
He found it and laughed inwardly.

M : Yen, sirikiye? Enna? (confused and amused)

He remembered his reference to her tantrums just now, when he saw the guy selling ice creams.

K : athu... Hm.. Ice cream sapriya?

She couldn't believe her ears.
She was all smiles hearing that coming from him.
True, he has changed...changing day by day...
Everyday is a new revelation and today  another.

M : illeh.. Vendam'nge..

He was visibly hurt.
That was the first time he asked if she wanted something, genuinely wanting to take care of her and she denied.

K : oh... Hmm yen?... Pudikatha?

K Mindvoice : avalku enna sapde pudikumnu  kude nambelku therile

K Mindvoice : avalku enna sapde pudikumnu  kude nambelku therile....hmm.. Seri ice cream pudikathu. Nyabagam vatchikanum.

She saw the hurt and disappointment in his eyes. Despite feeling bad for him, she felt happy because she saw the love in him for her when she said 'No' . The pain in his eyes reflected the love he has in him.

M : hmm.. Pudikum... Aana ippeh vendam..

K : oh.. Appeh... Ippeh enna venum?
Ingge ippeh enna irekum? (looked around to find something else)

She felt like crying now, he was looking for something else for her. He didn't give up after she denied the first time, he was ready to find what she like and give her that instead.

K : hmm ire.. Ingge onnum terile..
Anggeneh vere edachum iruka'nu paathuthu varen.

He was about to get up from his place, she held his arm and stopped him.

Her touch made him forget everything, he sat back beside her,looking at her hand holding his arm

M : hmm athu vere enggayum poi thede vendam...

K : Yen? (shaky whisper)

M : Inggeye iruke..

K : engge?..

She smiled still looking at him, not leaving his eyes. The look in his eyes was priceless, those eyes spoke volumes..
There was expectation..
There was yearning..
There was hope..