9

Hongqian peered behind Chu Beijie, hurriedly saying, "I will get the medicine."

Bright red blood slowly escaped from the fingertip, forming a thin stream. Chu Beijie's thundering expression was both from anger and frustration. "Why play qin on such a cold day?" He remained irritated by the red blood. He grabbed the white jade finger and placed it in his mouth, causing the taste of blood to melt in his mouth.

Pingting couldn't help laughing, her eyebrows forming crescent shapes as her wound was licked by Chu Beijie's fiery and moist tongue.

"Still laughing?" Chu Beijie's face darkened and used his imposing General attitude to suppress the surrounding air. "You mustn't be so careless next time." He let go of her finger, no longer bleeding, and grabbed her by the wrist. "Let's go into the room."

Pingting refused to budge.

Chu Beijie turned back to look at her. "Hm?" he asked with a frown.

Pingting's energetic eyes were rolling and lazily held up the other, perfectly intact index finger, "This one also wants to be kissed by the Duke."

The more she received, the more she wanted. It seemed that after a while, the dignified Duke of Zhen-Bei would become an incompetent fool who would only obey his wife?

Chu Beijie's expression darkened. "Quit messing around. Let's go inside..."

Before his words left his lips, Pingting's expression was replaced by a cold one. She placed her finger between her mouth and unhesitantly bit down hard.

"You..." Chu Beijie forcefully grabbed her other hand, but it was already too late. Her left hand that was once pretty and perfect had now met an unexpected calamity. It had deep teeth marks, cruelly betrayed by its owner.

Blood slowly oozed out from the teeth marks.

"What was that for?" Chu Beijie was afraid of her doing stupid things again. He tightly held onto her hands. His eyebrows were locked in a tight frown as he grinded his teeth.

Pingting did not care her hands had been damaged and leaned into Chu Beijie's arms as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

"Pfft." She laughed.

Her face returned to its usual colour. She lifted her head and looked at Chu Beijie. "As long as Duke is worried about Pingting, what else matters even if these two hands go to waste and never play qin again?" Her voice was soft.

Her words were relaxed and calmed, without any hint of falsehood.

Chu Beijie's heart was jolted. He held her fiercely to himself. In a low voice he ordered, "Your life and death, honour and disgrace are mine. You mustn't neglect nor harm yourself. If you violate this, then I'll punish you according to the army's ways."

The corners of Pingting's eyes wavered and she took a deep breath in Chu Beijie's arms. Looking into the depths of his eyes, she replied, "The army's ways are harsh, so Pingting will surrender herself."

Leaning against Chu Beijie's chest, feeling his strong muscles ripple, she felt the powerful force that belonged to him.

Pingting closed her two eyes, lightly sucking her lip. "Swallows bring fortune, but too much fortune brings damage. A joy to look, a joy to look..."

Chu Beijie listened while hugging what seemed to be the world's most fragile treasure, that was also the most likely to vanish.

A trace of a sweet smile escaped from his manly face.

It was the Zhen-Bei Ducal Prefecture like back then, when Pingting was still in his arms, singing beautiful songs.

The song was there, the melody was there and the person was there.