Chapter Five

- ˏˋ I don't know who that is. Sorry.  ˊˎ -

Third

Monday came faster than Solana wanted it to.

After Friday the rest of her weekend went by in a blur. Saturday and Sunday were spent with family since there wasn't much of that since she came home from school.

Solana had just finished getting dressed, reluctantly, and made her way towards the kitchen. Jamal was sitting at the table eating a bowl of cereal. Solana knew that he would text her later about his stomach hurting from the milk, he's lactose intolerant but she didn't say anything.

"Hey, do you want a ride." Solana grabbed her bookbag from its spot by the door and slipped on her sandals.

Jamal shook his head, "I'm gonna walk with the crew. But I'll see you at lunch?" He placed his bowl in the sink and grabbed his bag too. Both of the Turner kids walked out of the house and Solana locked the door behind them. Their dad was respected because of his business but they could never be too sure.

"Yes sir." Solana walked to her car while Jamal started walking down the street toward school. "Please be safe J."

"Girl, you know I'm always safe." He turned around walking backwards and popped his collar. "They need to watch out for me cause I'm dangerous."

Because Jamal was turned around not watching where he was going, he backed into a fire hydrant and fell back. Solana rolled her eyes and got in her car, she pulled out and made her way to the school.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Sitting in front of the school; Solana, Braelyn and Raziya watched all the kids walk into the school they once went to. They met at the school and migrated to Solana's car.

"Can y'all believed it's been four years since we graduated." Braelyn said taking a bite of her apple. Raziya groaned in the backseat while Solana scrolled through her phone in the driver seat.

"It feels like yesterday really." Solana said starting to make her way out the car and towards the trunk. The girls followed behind her to grab their gym bags. All three of them had the honor of teaching the dance team at the high school and coaching cheer.

Their coach had ran the idea by them seeing as they've been on the team the longest and they're the most experienced. After that is how the three of them met.

Walking through the parking Solana noticed the familiar cherry red convertible parked across the street with its owner sitting in the driver seat. She tried not to make eye contact but it was hard when she could feel him staring at her.

"He's basically burning a hole in your face." Solana groaned and kept walking. She was still upset about Friday but she wasn't pressed about it.

"I know." The three girls sat at one of the tables in front of the school. They continued to talk about how they were going to plan the week since it's only the first week.

"So are you like over Oscar." Braelyn set her phone down on the table and looked at Solana. Braelyn knew that she wasn't, she just wanted to hear her say it.

"I don't know who that is." Solana shrugged her shoulders and continued her people watching. Across the way she noticed her brother and his friends sitting at a table, they must've been waiting for Cesar.