Chapter 12

The sun was beginning to rise and the sunlight was streaming through her room. The light shines upon a lone figure sitting on her bed with her head slightly down. The figure was clutching onto a stuffed cat.

Y/n sighed and tightly hugged Mr. Kat. Y/n eyes didn't seem to glow as brightly as before. Like her world was shattered, like she was shown the truth.

"I wanna go back to sleep and just forget what happened." Y/n started to tear up, "But everyone will continue to suffer and Kurusu will be expelled." Y/n buried herself into Mr. Kat and let out a frustrated sigh.

Y/n let her tears escape through her eyes, she didn't want to lose Kurusu who actually bothered to befriend her. But Kamoshida was her brother who took her in when no one else wanted to.

Y/n calm down her crying and silently whispered an apology, "I'm sorry."

Y/n dried her tears and left her room so she could make breakfast, but Kamoshida was already making it.

"Good morning n/n!" Kamoshida grinned at Y/n. Y/n could only let out a small tired smile, "Good morning Shida."

Kamoshida noticed Y/n's changed of tone and started to worry, "Did something happen to you?"

Y/n silently panicked to herself, Kamoshida can't know that she knows his evil deeds. Y/n looked at Kamoshida a pain smile, "Actually yeah. It happened yesterday." Kamoshida tense up and stayed silent, "You know Suzui-san? The girl in your volleyball team...." softly spoke Y/n.

She noticed her brother slightly tense up, but soon relaxes before he speaks, " Yes I know her... she was an important part of the team...I hope she can pull through. I heard she has a small chance of making it. I don't want to see any of my players to be harmed or hurt."

Y/n clutched her hands in anger, "You liar." Kamoshida broke away from her thoughts,"Why do you ask?" Kamoshida noticed Y/n head was down and soon tears started to go down.

Kamoshida's eyes widened at the sight of his sister crying, "I-I sh-should of held-d on longer." Y/n hiccuped.

Kamoshida gave Y/n a gentle hug, "What do you mean?" Kamoshida asked. Y/n explained what happened yesterday with Shiho and Kamoshida remained silent.

Kamoshida felt terrible...for making Y/n experience that situation and making her feel guilty for it. Kamoshida felt his throat tighten and go dry. Kamoshida didn't want Y/n to know about his desires, let alone get involved with people suffering from him. Kamoshida started to shake, and Y/n was able to feel him tremble.

Kamoshida was scared. He was scared that he could have lost you. You could have lost your grip and fall to your death or worse. You could have survived, and waste your life away in a hospital.

Kamoshida couldn't bear the thought of losing you. You only had each other. Kamoshida was about to confess his wrong doings to you, but stopped. Instead he'll just cover them up, if he confesses he'll be taken away and you'll be all alone.

Kamoshida gently wiped his sister's tears and calmed her down. "You can rest and not go to school." Kamoshida said while hugging Y/n. Y/n gently pushed away from Kamoshida and mustered a fake smile, "No I'm fine, besides I promised a friend that I would bake them something."

Kamoshida looked at Y/n and noticed how her smile seemed off, but he let it go. As long as Y/n was able to smile, he would be fine. Kamoshida patted Y/n's head, h/c strands shifted with his movement.

Kamoshida decided to have a head start and said his goodbyes"See you later... be careful." Y/n smiled and waved goodbye.

Kamoshida couldn't help but wonder who this mysterious friend of Y/n is. He could only hope they don't cause any harm to his sister or get in his way.