Family Records

"Guys, this is Marianne, Marianna, Brenda, Brent, and Earl." It was around four o'clock when Clyde came back from the airport with his children and Charlie, the head maid.

The twins were poking out from behind Charlie, while the triplets stood in front of her.  Francis and Frederick were home by now, and got to join in on the fun.

"The ginger is our Auntie right?" Earl blurted. He and his siblings couldn't be older than nine.

"Of course she is, and not the one with short hair. Although both are natural redheads." Marianne pointed towards Lois, who had taken up a pixie cut recently.

"How can you tell I'm a redhead like these nerds? I could have blonde hair for all you know." The woman took a jokingly defensive stance.

"I can see where the fade from natural to artificial is." Marianne and her sister couldn't have been older than eleven.

"Also, your brother's roots are starting to show."

Francis dropped his head and sighed, "Yeah, I know."

Marianna giggled, a high pitched sound.  She and Marianne were identical, the only difference being the placement of their French braid.  Brenda, Brent and Earl were another story; you could tell who was who faster than with the twins.  Brenda was the girl with blue-green eyes, Brent had pale blue eyes, and Earl'a eyes seemed somewhere between hazel and a yellow-green.

"Well it's nice to meet you guys.  I honestly can't believe I'm an aunt before I'm thirty." Claudia approached the kids, who were significantly shorter, and knelt down to try and be level with them.

"Name's Claudia but if you want you just call me Dia."

The triplets exchanged glances.

"So, you're taller than dad right?" Brent spoke, a mischievous face taking over his innocent child face.

"I believe so, why? Do you want me to like, carry you around or something?" Brenda nodded, most likely answering for the three of them.

Claudia looked to Clyde to get the okay, he gave her a thumbs up.

"Alright then, who's on my shoulders and who am I holding up?"  The three seemed to light up.

Earl and Brent clambered up Claudia's back while Brenda got situated in the woman's hands. When Claudia stood, the three burst into laughter, holding on tight and looking around.

Lorraine watched in amusement before turning her attention over to Charlie, who looked exhausted. 

She approached the brunette,"Do you take tea or coffee?"

"Normally I'd go for a good strong coffee, but I think I'll go for tea today." Charlie smiled.

"I'll put the kettle on then.  Anyone else want an afternoon drink?" Lorraine looked at her friends with a look that said, 'Don't joke'.

"I'll pass, unless you have hot chocolate." Bonnie walked over to the kitchen, standing by the counter.

"I-I want hot c-c-cocoa too!" Frederick joined in, standing next to Bonnie.

"I'll take a straight black coffee, if it isn't too much." Lois shouted from the couch.

"I'll pass." Wesley and Francis said in more or less the same way.

Both were sat next to Lois.

Clyde was busy trying to deter the twins from entering unauthorized places (mainly the bedrooms).  Claudia was now trying to make sure that none of the triplets fell off her.