Leaving

Finn grabbed their coats and hats out of the car. He handed Millie her black coat while he put his on.
"Why do we need these" Millie questioned.
"Because It will snow soon" Finn said. She put her coat on and button the front before putting her beanie on.
"Let's go baby" Finn said and held her hand. That was his nickname for her. Baby. She loved the nickname because of the way he said it , soft comforting and safe. She held his warm hand and walked down the bridge with him.
"So we go to school tomorrow and if I can't restrain myself from kissing you then everyone will know" Finn started. Millie smiled at his confession.
"It's ok they can know" She said quietly. Finn led them over to the edge of the bridge. They watched as the water glistened and the moon reflected its silvery color.The trees swayed back and forth as a cold breeze brought tiny white snowflakes to the area. The city lights flashed on as their noses turned red. The snow picked up and was now big snowflakes shaped differently.
"Mill" Finn said. Millie turned her head to face the man.
"You are the best thing that has ever happened to me " He said. She listened attentively as his lips moved to form words.
"I know we have only dated for a few months but I love you more than anything else " He turning to her. He put his soft hand to her cheek , caressing it with his thumb.
"Finn" She said but was silenced by him.
"I love you Mill ok but there is so I have to tell you" He said. Her face turned from happiness to confusion.
"What" She asked.
"I won't be home for Christmas " He said his eyes getting glossy.
"But Finn we planned everything , it would be our first Christmas together" she said her voice breaking . This hurt him even more , they planned everything together . They were going to the cliff and eat and and so much more but it was canceled. His mom tried very hard to not go to his aunts because she knew how much Finn loved Millie but it wouldn't work out.
"I am leaving the 20th" He sighed. Millie let her tears fall.
"And your birthday Finn I can't even sing happy birthday to you , to kiss you as soon as you turn 18" Her voice barely audible because it was filled with the cries of pain. Both of their hearts broke they didn't want to depart but unfortunately it wasn't a choice they could make.
"But we can make it worth it " Finn said.
"I can wake up and kiss , annoy you till you have to kick me out" She giggled at his statement.
"And we can show each other that we love each other " Finn concluded. Millie nodded tears still falling like mini waterfalls .
"Millie don't cry" He said his heart breaking as her eyes let out her feelings.
"I c-can't help it" She cried wiping her eyes. He pulled her close and wrapped his arms around her waist. She cried into his warm chest and he let some tears fall. His head rested on her's.
"It ok" He said rubbing her back. Her breathing became ridged.
"I'm ok" She said after a few minutes of crying. He wiped the tears that fell from her face.
"Let's just love each other " Millie said before colliding their lips in a sweet kiss. Finn knew Millie never did this before so he tried it now. He slipped his tongue into her mouth . At first she froze but then she made a sweet noise that Finn could listen to all day. They pulled away , staring into each other's eyes.
"Let's go home it is really cold" Millie said.
"Yeah I am about to freeze my balls off" He said agreeing with her.
"Sometimes I am concerned for you" She said running after him. Yes they were about to be separated and yes Millie was still sad but she tried to make the most of it. After all he won't be gone forever. They made it to the car.
"Ok Mill I am not sleeping over tonight because we have school but tomorrow we can ok" Finn said starting the car. Millie nodded. They have been sleeping with each other ever since the kiss . It was either at Finn's or Millie's , mainly Finn's. She was going to miss the comfort and warmth he gave her but it's life. This time they drove home without any stops. Millie deleted all of her notes with the plans for Christmas. She was heartbroken because Jacob and Nathen never spent any holidays with her and now Finn wasn't . They made it to the big house that belonged to the Browns.
"I love you ok see you tomorrow " Finn said hugging Millie at her doorstep.
"I love you too" Millie responded. They lifted their heads up giving each other a goodbye kiss.
"Bye baby" Finn said walking to his car.
"Bye be safe" Millie yelled back at him.
"I will" He said before getting into his car.