Safe

Today was Christmas Eve . The day Millie dreaded because her love was more than 20,000 miles away from her. The last time she saw him was over the phone on his birthday and that hurt her even more seeing his beautiful face through a screen. Even Ava has been missing him. She missed playing dolls with him and watching Peppa Pig as Millie watched with adoring eyes. Half of her heart was gone with him and it hurt like hell. He was the only one who made her life worth living. Kelly had been soft with her but never hesitated to give demands ,like this morning.
"MILLIE GET UP WE HAVE TO PICK UP UNCLE PAUL FROM THE AIRPORT" Kelly yelled. Millie groaned as she set her phone down. Good thing she already was ready , but due to her laziness she stayed in bed texting Sadie.
"OK" Millie screamed back , getting off her comfy bed with a thump. Her attitude was out of this world today. She was tired of being alone. Sadie and Caleb were spending today together. Noah was at his grandma's and Gaten was with his family. And damn she was alone with a 7 year old and a 20 year old with a set of annoying parents. Her teenage side was showing more and more. She stomped out of the room with furrowed eyebrows and a frown. Her fingers moved frantically on the glass screen.
"Millie get off the damn phone for once" Kelly said putting her phone in her Gucci purse.
"Well I don't care MY phone is way more important than doing your shit work all day" Millie snapped. Kelly looked at her astonished. Her daughter never said that kind of stuff to her.
"Excuse me or you will stay here" Kelly said pointing her finger at the younger girl.
"Fine" Millie said flatly before walking out the large oak door. Kelly chuckled to herself ,clearly not used to her attitude, hoping that she would love their surprise. Millie sat in the back and put both of her legs on the empty seats.
"Millayyy" Charlie yelled as he hopped into his seat next to Ava. Millie smiled and slapped his shoulder playfully.
"I told you not to call me that" She laughed. Charlie gave her an obvious look.
"When do I ever listen to you" He smirked. Her mouth curved upward as her eyes rolled with happiness.
"Ok kids let's go get Him" Robert said pulling out of the driveway.
*****

"Ok Paul should be coming out of that door"Kelly pointed. Millie turned her head and saw that it was coming from Vancouver. That's weird because she didn't know anybody who lived in Vancouver except Finn.
"Mom why is Uncle Paul coming from Vancouver " Millie asked . Kelly's eyes widened for a split second before she spoke a lie.
"Because his wife's family is there"Kelly said shrugging off the frame ending question. Millie nodded suspiciously but changed the conversation.
"Can I go to Starbucks" Millie asked. Kelly shook her head.
"Look at the line we would be home by the time you finally get to order your drink" Kelly reasoned with her.
"Ok" Was all Millie said before sitting on the ground and playing with Ava. She was playing lemonade.
"Hey Millie" Her sweet voice spoke. Millie smiled. Ava was one of the people she could never be mad at. Her innocence was so adorable and cute that Millie would burst. She was just blessed with another kind heart just like the rest of her family.
"Hey Ava" Millie said pinching her chubby cheeks. Ava giggled her beautiful teeth showing.
"Ava your front teeth are growing in" Millie squealed pulling out her phone. Millie always was excited when it came to Ava growing up. You could tell she would be an amazing mother. Millie turned on her camera and took a photo of her teeth.
"Look at your pretty teeth" Millie smiled , showing Ava the picture.
"Oh my gosh I am a big girl " Ava shot upland jumped around. Millie laughed as she ran around telling random people about her teeth. Of course nobody was rude because Ava just had that effect . A positive effect .
"Guys he should be coming off now"Robert spoke to the younger kids. They all replied with a ok as they got up and stood with their parents. Ava nervously held Millie's hand. Yes she was outgoing and crazy but very shy too.Millie squeezed her tiny hand , "It's ok."
Ava nodded and smiled roger watching the door open. Many random people came off but no sight of Uncle Paul. When Millie was sure he wasn't on the plane a familiar hair caught her eyes. She squinted and saw a tall lean figure looking at her. She let out a gasp when she realized who it was. Finn.
"Finn" She said before running towards him.
"Millie" He said catching her in his arms.
"Are you real" She asked into his neck , breathing in his comforting scent.
"I am real baby" He said finally able to breath. Millie was his fresh air , that he needed to breath in to survive. The last week had been hell , he nearly cried when she facetimed for his birthday. It hurt him so much. Mary then surprised him with plane tickets and said they were going back for Christmas. That meant he would be able to see his beautiful baby girl. And now her she is , if anything more beautiful. He felt his neck get wet from her tears.
"Oh Mill don't cry" He said putting her down and gliding his thumbs to her cheeks.
" I am sorry" She said wanting to kiss right there in front of everyone.
"Can I kiss you" She whispered. He smiled and nodded. Their lips collided. The pair of lips Finn craved for a week. The pair of lips Millie craved for a week. Their tongues greeted each other in a matter of seconds . Millie cupped his face sweetly as his arms snaked around her waist. The sweet kiss ended with a smack.
"I love you" Millie said putting her forehead on his. He smiled missing those words she would say to him everyday.
"You have know idea how much I love you" He breathes out looking into her beautiful brown eyes. He could get lost in them , they were like a fantasy.
"I have a feeling" She smiled at before ruffling his hair. He did his goofy smile and smacked her butt.
"Finn Wolfhard " She said trying to be serious. She turned around and saw everyone trying to hold in their laughter. She blushed madly before turning around.
"Asshole" She muttered. His wheezy laugh filled the positive air. She adored that laugh , it was unique .
"The asshole you love" He smirked back.
"Ok lovebirds we have to get our luggage " Nick yelled earning a slap on the shoulder by Mary.
"Leave them be Nick" Her motherly voice spoke. And no one argued with her , she was like Millie very quiet and happy but you don't mess with her when she is mad.
"Ok baby let's go get my stuff" Finn said grabbing her soft warm hand. She grinned and followed her boyfriend. Yes she felt complete and just happy. Her love is here and that is all she needed. She would later on have two beautiful kids. Lily and Matthew. Both with Finn's curly hair and Millie's beautiful brown eyes. Blessings. She would be married to Finn and be happily in love. Life would be good for her. They would be friends with everyone else too. But she didn't know that.
"You want to go on an adventure Mill" Finn asked as they grabbed his bag.
"Yes you make me feel safe" Millie spoke truth. Because with him safety was good guaranteed.