Bonus Chapter

The Adventures of Olly the Otter

War of the ducklings

    Splash!

    The water was cool on my fur as my little webbed feet clawed at the water. My brothers and sisters swam around me as we played. Moe and Kale were

struggling together, floating from one place to another, play fighting. They came out of nowhere, bumping into me. A spray of bubbles escaped my mouth, tickling my gums as I squealed under the water. I swam to the surface, flipping into my back, letting myself rest. Still a little unsteady with my water skills being a month old. I was smaller then my family, and the youngest. Kale had reached the surface over by the land. He was the eldest. Although Mamma says when she was little she left the bevy after a month, we all lived together over by the west of the lake in a little burrow under a giant stump. I can't imagine not having my big family. I have so many brothers and sisters. We have another family over by the dam, neighbours with the beavers. That’s where my friend Jules lives, with his Mamma and Papa. Our parents don’t really talk to each other. Jules mamma and mine don’t get along. Mamma says because us pups are young we don’t really care about territory, but she's old and she does. Papa has been gone for a while. He was picked up by an eagle not too long ago. Such a shame but mamma says she will just find a new man.

    "Olly! Olly!" Jules came swimming over to me, a great scratch on his tail as he waded over. What looked like egg yolk on his head.

    "What's wrong?"

    "….I might have stolen on of the ducks eggs again…" he shamefully said.

    "QUACK!" a angry mother duck was running on water with rage with her wings flapping frantically. Our brothers and sisters dispersing, escaping the great ducks reach at it raced towards Jules and I.

    "Dive! Dive! Dive!" I yelled, narrowly missing the beak as it slammed down into the water behind us. We huddled under a log. Waiting for the mother duck to leave, only when we were almost out of breath did we re-surface.

     "What did you do!" Kale said, stopping over to us on the shore.

    "It was Olly!" Jules exclaimed, wiping the last of the egg yolk off his head.

    "No it was Jules!" I yelled back.

    All the other otters had come to join us. Finn, Jules' older sister with them. Kale puffed out his chest, acting all tough. "Only older otters can get eggs, like me. I don’t care-"

    "The ducklings are coming!" one of my sisters squealed.

    A whole flock of new born, still fluffy ducklings where crossing the lake. Quacking and yelling.

    "We gotta fight back!" one of Jules family yelled. "CHARGE!"

    We all yelled along, charging as we tumbled and fell into the shallow water, meeting the ducklings. Feathers and fur flying everywhere. I got tossed to the side. Getting a soft landing, somewhere on shore. I managed to get up, a claw getting caught on something.

    "Olly!" Moe whisper yelled. Everyone, had stopped fighting, starring at me. "Don’t move!"

    I looked back at them then slowly turned. Benjee, the skunk, fast asleep, a piece of his fur caught on my claw.

    "Slowly, unhook your claw Olly," Kale begged.

    I managed, ad everyone held their breaths to twist my wrist to allow my claw to hook. Everyone let out a sigh of relief. I smiled and started to walk over when, like in some sort of slow motion, dumb luck, I managed to slip and fall over. Pebbles spraying up into Benjee's face. He woke with a start, skunking us as he ran away frightened. "I wasn’t sleeping Loral, I swear," he was yelling as he went. All the otters, fell to the floor in defence and the ducks to flight.

    "Eeeeeewwwwww!" they flapped away desperately.

    We all stood there stinking and holding our noises. "Well at least they wont bother us for a long time." I shrugged. When we got home mamma made us sleep outside though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N well congratulations to everyone. We made it to 1000! So here was your little reward for getting it! So every time we reach a '000 views I will do a bonus chapter of your choice. :) As I have said in chapter 11 the first person to comment got to choose what Lucas's sister was going to be like and that has all been arranged and set. We have no ranking at the moment but if we get more reads in our latter chapters we will. So I hope you enjoyed and  chapter 12 will be coming soon :)

If anyone needs any help just ask, I will.