Karah Namikaze

A/N: SPOILER ALERT: MORE FUN TIMES FOR NARUTO! lol

A week had passed since Naruto left Ichiraku's and had not stopped training for 4 days straight, only taking a break to drink water occasionally. His knuckles were shaking and marked and his face was noticeably pale with lines signifying his tiredness etching his face. He had also become skinnier as he had not had any food for a while. Naruto noticed his efficiency took a nosedive after 2 nights without sleep but persisted anyway. Naruto thought about what he needed to work on and decided to work on lifting yet again. Naruto had fallen into a routine of training which didn't include sleeping or eating. He practically dragged himself to a large tree stump and began lifting it above his head over again.

"500, 499, 498-" Naruto muttered to himself as he focused on the weight to distract himself from his tiredness.

"Naruto-nii?" Naruto turned his head slightly and dropped the tree-stump. Naruko was standing behind a tree and watching with a slightly shocked expression on her face. Naruto smiled lightly as he fought to stay awake.

"Naruko-nii," he said quietly and stumbled over to her. Naruko left the tree and walked over to Naruto.

"N-naruto-nii are you ok?" she asked after she broke from her shocked silence. Naruto nodded eagerly.

"Just training, I'm alright," Naruto kept his smile on. 'Dammit, now I've been distracted there's no way I won't collapse from exhaustion,' Naruto thought. "You don't need to worry about a weakling like me." Naruko took a step back.

"Y-you're not a weakling Naruto-nii!" she yelled out.

"Huh?" Naruto responded quietly. He never thought Naruko would say that. Naruko held her head down.

"I'm sorry for calling you that," Naruko held back her tears and raised her head, holding her fist out, "I'm sorry for calling you that Naruto-nii," she proclaimed. "I-I don't really know why I talked to you like that for so long." Naruto smiled at her genuinely.

"Thank you for saying that Naruko," Naruto said, still holding desperately onto consciousness, "You were just copying the people around you." Naruko's eyes slightly widened. 'What does he mean, the people around me?' Naruko thought. Naruko smiled at Naruto and ran up to directly in front of him.

"Naruto-nii, you look like you need some food. Come back to the house and I'll ask Kaa-san to make you some breakfast," Naruko said happily. Naruto shook his head.

"Sorry Naruko-nii but I've got to keep training," Naruto responded. Naruko's smile slightly faded but was then replaced by a cheeky grin.

"If you don't come, I'll just stay here and watch you," she said with the same grin. Naruto sighed. 'I guess going back to the house can't be that bad,' Naruto thought.

"Alright, I'll come," Naruto said and chuckled as Naruko had a small celebration.

Naruto stumbled through the back door into the deserted kitchen as he was led by Naruko. He sat down at the table and smiled at Naruko. They suddenly both heard a voice from the corridor.

"Naruko is that you?" Kushina yelled and entered the kitchen. Her eyes seemed to harden as her gaze landed on Naruto. "Naruko, what did I tell you about going outside so early?" All of Kushina's playfulness and happiness had left her voice after seeing Naruto. Karah entered the room after her mother and her smile faded as she too noticed Naruto.

"What are you doing here weakling?" Karah spat. Naruko was shocked at her sister's and parent's reaction.

"I brought Naruto-nii in from training to get some breakfast," defended Naruko as she stood in front of her brother. Karah almost burst out laughing.