Leader

A/N: I really hope you enjoy this one! I don't know whether I hate it or I love it (which is the case with most of my stuff but mostly this). I thought of this particular part months ago and a lot of the narrative is based around it... but I don't know if it worked as well as I thought it out to do. I may edit this later on and completely change it. Anyway, remember to comment and Hope you enjoy :)

-----------------------------------

Naruto stood alone at the entrance of a cave. The inside stretched out for what seemed like an eternity in front of him and all of the light disappeared less than a few feet from the surface. Naruto was undeterred. From all the hours he spent in Obito's cave he was certainly used to it. He entered the cave. He manoeuvred his way through the darkness noting his ever-growing descent. By the time he finally heard something he must've gone at least 10 miles deep. He was beginning to worry whether he had made a mistake but he quickly brushed the thought away. With how much time he had put into this plan, there was no way he could fail. It was impossible and Naruto knew it. He continued on his path. Finally, the voices at the end of the cave were becoming clear and Naruto recognised them. As he thought, he had been correct. This was the right cave.

"We are not alone, Konan, deal with the intrusion." Naruto could finally see where they were. There was a huge chamber, illuminated by small torches around it. He stepped out into it, making his presence known. He looked at the two figures in the chamber. One was Konan, who was wearing a look of surprise, staring back at Naruto. The other was Naruto's sensei: one who he was finally meeting in the flesh. Nagato was connected to the wall, with his long, black chakra rods sticking out of his back. This was how he controlled the Six Paths of Pain. Although Naruto had guessed that Nagato used a set-up similar to the one he saw in front of him, he was still enlightened and flabbergasted by the sight in front of him. Of course, he did not show this. He did not show any emotion whatsoever exactly like his sensei. Nagato did not even look up at Naruto despite the fact that, as Naruto knew, he was not expecting his appearance.

"I apologise for not giving a warning of my arrival ahead of time," said Naruto, walking slowly closer into the centre of the room. Each step was deliberate; precise. If Nagato could move any limb of his body, he would've waved aside Naruto's apology. Instead, he just replied wearing the familiar emotionless face.

"I must admit, your presence is unexpected. I would've thought all your efforts would be focused on making up for your failure in the capturing of the jinchu-" Naruto interrupted him.

"I am here on matters concerning your failures... Nagato-sensei." Nagato's eyes shot up but his mouth stayed down. After a second, he shut his eyes in thought and returned to his previous expression, staring into space.

"And what failure might that be?" Naruto took one more step closer and slowly pulled out a kunai and began to hold it clearly in front of him. He stared at it in detail, analysing every orifice.

"In my years training under you Nagato-sensei I have learnt many things. Many things about myself and many things about... you," he picked his words with extreme deliberation, "As you taught me, I have successfully rid myself of all previous connections. I have been reborn. Reborn in the heart of all this. Reborn with one goal and one goal alone: the success of the Akatsuki. That is my only purpose." Naruto stopped his studying and clenched his fist around the kunai.

"I do not see your point," butted in Konan. Naruto ignored her and Nagato raised his eyes to give her a tired glance.

"Be quiet," he commanded solemnly, "This matter is between us."

"As I said, my only purpose in this world is to make the dream of the Akatsuki a reality. You know I speak the truth Nagato-sensei, when I say that that dream will not succeed if you are present."