Chapter 4

We were halfway to England when pain set fire to my body. I gasped and fell to my knees.

"Melody?!"

Bots dropped dead, a sword slicing through them. Optimus emerging out of the shadows, stepping over their corpses. "I've come for that staff." His sickly purple eyes glowed in the mist.

"Melody!" I gasped for breath as if I've been deprived of it my whole life. Ratchet and Ironhide hover above me, Izabella kneeling next to me. "Primus, Melody! You nearly gave me a sparkattack! What happened?! Are you okay?" Ratchet scanned me and I took another deep breath.

"He's here," I breath. "Optimus." I squeeze my eyes shut as I feel phantom pains creep up into my chest. "He has changed, and not for the better."

"What happened?" Ironhide knelt down.

"Quintessa, she's controlling him. I know it! His eyes, they're that same purple from my first dream this week." I closed my eyes, willing the image away. "They're just like hers."

"Don't worry spitfire. Bumblebee is there, he'll get through to Prime. Their relationship is nearly strong as him and Ratchets."

I nod, "You're right. I- I gotta have faith." Just then I felt a shockwave go through me and Quintessa's smirking face flashed in my mind. "No," I fell back onto my forearms. "The staff." I panted through the feeling. "Optimus, he has the staff. If he gets it to Quintessa..."

"He won't." Ratchet stated firmly. "I've known Optimus practically my whole life. He'll snap out of it in the nick of time. Like he always does."

I nod, "You're right." I blink and begin to get dizzy. Blinking I look around at the now familiar bright sky, "Melody.. Melody..." Squeezing my eyes shut I shake my head, opening them again I see concerned bots above me.

"Oi, Melody, what's-" Crosshairs voice fades out.

"They're-ah-they're calling for me." My voice sounded so quiet to my ears; did they hear me?

"Melody." I blink again to see a silhouette of a bot I've never seen before. "Melody, my Expedient. I haven't much time." The silhouette bends down, "You must know, what is about to happen is meant to happen. Accept your fate with open arms and it will treat you kindly." Muffled voices surround me causing me to wince. "Your journey is coming to a close my dear. When it does your voyage may begin." The voices get louder. "Go now. You know what you must do."

I shoot up, taking deep breaths. "Damn kid! You gave us quite the scare there!" I turned to Hound who looked rather concerned. "You sure you're okay?"

"Of course she's not okay! She just passed out!" Ratchet was very nearly about to glitch while Ironhide and Crosshairs looked over me concerned.

"I- I think I'm good now. One of," I clear my throat. "One of the Primes called for me. He said I have to accept what's about to happen because it's meant to happen. That my journey is coming to a close, but my voyage is about to begin and that I knew what I had to do." I rubbed my face, "The only problem is I don't have the foggiest idea on what exactly it is I should be doing!"

"We're here." Drift's voice calls over the speakers.

I shake my head and stand, "Don't worry about it. Solomus said all would reveal itself so I'm sure it'll all work out. For now, let's focus on the task at hand." We all unload and watch as helicopters begin landing. Izabella rushes forward, meeting Cade halfway. They jog up to me and I pat Cade on the back, "You did good." The talisman is quick to jump off Cade and latch onto me. "It's time I fulfilled my purpose now, huh?" Cade gave me a nod and we all start to jog toward a shouting Jimmy. Optimus and the 12 Guardian Knights right behind him. I gasp as they come into view, the once blurry and obscured faces now visible with extreme detail.

"Knights, Autobots, this cannot and will not be the end. To save Earth and her people, we are going to steal Quintessa's staff." I look up at the nearest Knight and see him staring back at me.

"Onyx?" I whisper.

"Only you, Viviane, can take it back." The Knight looks away from me and towards Optimus. "I will lead the way into her chamber. And when the account of the ages is etched into the cosmos, let those who exist long after us know that this was our finest hour." Optimus then takes off.

Crosshairs sighs, "Love that guy. Goosebumps every time."

Hound looks up after Optimus, "I-I never got to say hi."

I turn to the Knights, Ratchet and Ironhide standing behind me. They were all already looking at me and when I made eye contact with the biggest one, they all chanted something in Cybertronian before merging together and taking off. I turn and look up and Hide and Ratchet, "What'd they say?"

Ironhide shook his head, "They just kept chanting 'Expedient'."

"It's gonna crush us!"

"Go! Go! Go!"

We turn to see part of Cybertron descending on us at a fast rate. Ironhide scoops me up and we all begin running towards where the Knights took off. Cybertron loudly crashing behind us. "Move!" Running into the safe zone the bots all gather and stare uncomfortably at the waiting Knights.

"Very mean looking." Drift mumbled.

"Ah, they look like wusses to me." Hound brushed off.

Bee turns to me and shakes his head, "No, they all messed up."

After the soldiers resituate themselves, we all head for the loading deck. Me and the bots load up on our spaceships and fly out after the helicopters, the Knights right behind us. I'm with Ironhide and Ratchet, manning the machine gun. "Bogies dead ahead!" Ironhide calls.

"I see 'em!" I begin shooting them down.

We sweep overtop the ground team a few times before hopping off our ships. "Let's do this!" We all cheer and charge forward. Strapped securely to Ironhide's shoulder I take out Mellow and begin shooting every enemy bot I see. We were getting pinned, Bee and Hot Rod crashed not too long ago. "Where's Optimus?!"

Sure enough, minutes later Optimus comes blazing in on the back of the dragon Knights. Taking out the merged transformer, Optimus turns and shouts, "Autobots, attack!" We all cheer again and rush forward to give Optimus some backup. "Where is Viviane?!"

I look to see her and Cade with the retreating soldiers. "She's gone, boss. They're all chickening out."

Nevertheless, we continue to push forward. We were just outside the entrance when I hear Optimus shout, "Viviane, get in here!"

"Yes! My little lady!" Hot Rod cheers.

We all make it in just in time. I hold on tightly to Ironhide and we fall around the descending chamber. We make it to Viviane and Cade and Hot Rod shouts, "Follow me! I will lead the way!" Me and Ironhide offer cover for Viviane. "Grab the staff Viviane!"

Once Viviane does finally get ahold of the staff the gravity in the chamber drops and we go weightless. I slip out of Ironhides straps and start to float off, "Crap, 'Hide!"

Ironhide grunts and reaches out for me but floats in the opposite direction. "Ratchet grab 'er!"

I near Ratchet when Optimus gets to Quintessa, "Say hello to my friend, Bumblebee."

I watch as Bumblebee shoots Quintessa and gravity goes back to normal. Looking up I see Viviane and Cade start to fall. Ratchet reaches for me but is still too far away. I blink as everything seems to happen in slow motion. Hot Rod launches himself at us, aiming his time gun but the sight of it doesn't relieve me. "Accept your fate with open arms and it will treat you kindly."

This fate sucks, I can't help but think. I reach my arm out and watch as my fingertips graze the time bubble.

Then pain took over my very being.