Chapter 5

"It is time." I open my eyes and look up at twelve looming figures. "Walk with us, Expedient." The tallest one offers me his hand and I take it.

The bots felt a hollow hole in their sparks. They stared at the wreckage of the chamber and wondered why. Why did she have to die? Why did the world have to take someone so young and so pure? "She was just a youngling." Ratchet whispered. "She had so much life left in her." He reached into his chassis and pulled out a beautiful, blue metal flower.

"You actually kept that?" A familiar voice called a few meters ahead. All the bot's eyes quickly shot up to see a Cybertronian youngling walking up. "Why the long faces?"

Ironhide stepped forward, "Melody?"

"In the flesh. Or, well, metal." The bot looked down at herself. "This will take getting used to." All the bots rushed forward and pulled the femmling into a hug.

"How did this happen!?" Ratchet pulled back and scanned her a couple of times.

"Oh, well..."

"Walk with us."

I took his hand and hoisted myself up only to gape at my metal hand. Upon further inspection I realized my whole body was now metal. "Woah."

"Woah, indeed."

I turned, "Onyx!" I cheered, rushing up to hug his leg. "Wait, why am I still short?"

Onyx laughed and rubbed my head, "You're only a youngling, Melody. You will grow."

"Will I be as tall as y'all?"

"Not likely." Epistemus answers. I pout.

"We brought you here one last time for a reason." The biggest one cuts in. His voice soft and welcoming. "Your journey as a human has ended. You will now live on as a Cybertronian."

"Really?! How is that possible Mr..."

"You may call me Prima. And it is possible because Unicron created you as his gift to Primus."

"Me?" I gape.

Prima nodded, "Yes, you. The first ever, technorganic."

"So, will I live on as a regular bot now? Will I age like the bots or is it only temporary?"

"In time you will be able to harness the power to switch between forms. For now though, you will remain as a Cybertronian and you will age like one."

"Cool."

We stopped walking and Prima turned to me. "You must finish your task. The talisman will guide you."

"My task?"

"Revive Primus and reunite the lost brothers."

I turn to Optimus, "Do you have the shard?"

Optimus nodded and pulled it out of his chassis. "For Cybertron." He drops it into my hand.

I grin and bounce excitedly, "This is so cool!" I giggle and run around a little only to feel something shift and to fall on my face. "Oww!" I look down and see my feet are now wheels. "What?"

"Aww, it's like watching a newsparked sparkling." Ratchet cooed.

"Ratchet! Help me!" I whined, watching a soldier walk up and say something to Ratchet. I furrow my brows when I'm unable to understand him. "What'd he say?"

Ratchet spoke but all of a sudden, I was unable to understand him too. "Uhh. Ratch? I can't understand you."

Ratchet frowned and spoke again, "Can't understand me?"

"Now I can!"

Ratchet hummed, "Interesting."

"What?"

"You seem to be only able to speak and understand Cybertronian."

"What?!"

"It's understandable. If you're a Cybertronian now, most younglings your age are unable to use their linguistic systems."

"But I already knew English."

Ratchet shrugged, "Hey, this is new for me too. I guess we'll just have to live by your motto and roll with the punches."

I huffed, "Whatever, just help me out will ya?" Ratchet smiled and instructed me on how to undo the transformation. He showed me how to access my chassis cavity so I could store the shard while Optimus talks with the humans.

"At the heart of every legend, there is a truth. Our fates were always intertwined. But now our worlds are joined as one. We need to repair our planets. Work together, if we wish to survive." We waved goodbye to Cade, Izabella, and the soldiers before loading up into the ship. Drift takes off and Optimus records a message to send out. "I am Optimus Prime, calling all Autobots. It is time, to come home."

Drift flies us to the center of our damaged world, and I look down at my chassis to see the talisman shaking. "It's here." We hop down and make our way through the wrecked streets. I come to a stop in front of a deep, pitch black hole. "Primus." I whisper. Carefully removing the All Spark shard, I hear the Dragon Knights roar overtop of me. "Live once more and rejoin with your brother." I drop the shard into the hole and wait. Minutes later Cybertron rocks and a pulse of energy shoots out of the hole, filling us with the love of a creator.

We rejoice at the revival of Cybertron and turn to Optimus for our next orders. Optimus smiles, "Autobots," He looks at all of us like a proud dad. "Let's rebuild our home."