(twelve)

~~~~~

~~~~~

"W-well...did you ask him?" You stuttered out.

"Yeah, but he's not sure yet." He pouted.

"That's up to him baby." You abruptly left him in the room to sleep. Leaving the conversation at that.

You headed off to the kitchen. Scrolling through your phone, you started getting lonely. Started thinking.

Did you eat too much today? You scrolled through looking at all the skinny idols. With the perfect curves weighing only 100lbs. Most of your friends had always said they were too small, or unhealthy. But not him. He wanted you to be just like them.

But you were too selfish and ate too much. You weren't born with a pretty face. He made you consider plastic surgery as well, but it wasn't affordable. Oh how you wish you were like them.

Stress filling you, you grabbed a drink in the refrigerator. You didn't even know the alcohol was there, but you knew you needed it. Practically choking the substance down.

How you wish he didn't scar your body. But you deserved it after all. You weren't enough so he taught you. He taught you how to be better. To be prettier. To be skinnier. Sometimes you wished you were with him. But then you would remember the frightened look on your friends faces when they saw your body. So he pushed you away from them too.

He was like the thing that tells you things in your head. The one who tells you not to eat. Tells you compare yourself with the pretty girls. You weren't sure when that thing showed up, maybe it was before he hurt you. Maybe it was after.

You hadn't noticed the tears falling until now. The front of your shirt soaked.

Your friends wanted you to get help, reach out to someone to talk about what he did to you. But you were too stubborn because it wasn't a problem. So they left you too, found it disgusting how eager you were to be with him. He made you feel loved. He was the only one there for you.

You felt like your lungs were collapsing as it became hard to breath. Everyone left you. Your nothing. Your parents didn't even want to deal with you. They could deal with you dating an abuser. They tried at first, to help. But it became too much, so they let you run off with him. You don't know where they are now. Perhaps in their old house, perhaps away.

Nobody wants you. Your only here because of your son. Hell, he might not even want you.

Bringing your knees into your chest your cried. Sobs leaving your lips. Gulping down the drink in front of you.

The same thought repeating in your head over, and over, and over. Your not good enough.

Shit.