Chapter 41

Your hands grabbed ahold of the metal frames, pulling yourself up towards the passenger seat of the helicopter, joining Ada's side once more.

You had used your grappling hook to get up towards the helicopter due to your rather useless position on the balcony, thinking that you could at least provide some air support to the others down below with Simmons, whom you couldn't even stand looking at for more than a few seconds.

"I think you failed to tell me that he planned on locking you away." Ada commented, bringing the helicopter upwards as you heard Leon and Helena commence their gunfire, followed by Simmons' agonizing shouts.
"He tried to, but I wouldn't be here if he succeeded." You responded, looking ahead at the strange pointed pillar standing up from the ground. "How can I help them? My gun will barely do shit to him from here."

"Leave the firepower to me," Ada kept her gaze fixated on Simmons, seeing his body begin to convulse awkwardly in movements she wasn't comfortable seeing, only knowing what that will mean shortly, "Theres a rocket launcher in the back, see if you can get a good shot or two with that."

"Not so fast!" A new, or in this case, familiar voice, now with a strange added raspiness to it had caused you to jump, the shock allowing a pair of gloved hands to grab around your throat before you could react. You panicked, your hands reaching towards hers, attempting to pry off her horribly strong hold.

"You think you can kill me (Y/N)?" The Crow asked, squeezing harder around your neck from behind your seat, using the chair to her advantage by pressing your head back against it, locking you in place under her steel-like grip. "Too bad, You can't kill me."

Your eyes looked ahead, spotting a faint reflection against the glass. You vaguely spotted the white leather of her jacket, the dirty material of her gloves along your neck, and most of all, those horrid red-orange eyes, filling you with the potent poison of fear that they always did.
Like before, faint spots of blue and black began to fill up the corners of your eyes, your throat beginning to burn the more she squeezed along your throat, cutting off your air.

You breathlessly called out towards Ada, your left hand pulling away from the Crow's fingers in attempts to reach towards the woman, but it seemed like a much farther reach than you anticipated. Your fingertips barely even missed the red material of her shirt sleeve.

Your legs began to kick upwards in your panic, your lower back arching off the chair wildly in attempts to break away from the Crow's hold, but to no avail. You closed your eyes, your mouth open to a series of silent screams, all while the Crow's laugh filled your ears.

Your mouth immediatly let out a scream, your upper body shooting upwards as you woke up, your chest heaving the warm, sour air. You heard a thud of something fall, but you ignored it for a moment, taking a look at where you currently were.

You were still in the helicopter, but currently laying in the flat bench in the back of it. Ada was gone, and the helicopter was on a landing pad somewhere you couldn't recognize. Your fingers found themselves running gently along your throat, thankfully finding no sore or bruised marks. You let out a rather relieved sigh, your eyes looking over to what had fallen.
It was your cube, glowing it's signature bright blue on the ground. You reached over and picked it up, finding some words displayed on its screen.

I don't know what happened to you, but if you're reading this than you're alright. As soon as you got in you started coughing hard, then you blacked out. You'll be safe in the helicopter for now, but as soon as you come to, go back to Leon.

"Ada." You spoke, finding yourself smile a bit while rereading the words. You flipped the device before shoving it into your back pocket, standing up slightly before grabbing the helicopter door, pulling it open to be greeted with a gust of warm wind, polluted with heavy smoke with a tinge of copper.
You stepped out, sliding the door shut behind you. You looked at where you were, seeing you were in fact right on being on a helicopter landing pad, but you were on a roof in some unknown location, and Ada didn't leave you too much information on where you were.