Chapter 46

"So, what're your plans finally?" Ada looked towards you as you joined her side, both of you walking down the darkened hallway, but you were rather unsure where it even went.

"Well," you began, looking ahead of you while you were in deep thought, "It's all over basically. I'm going to fulfill my end of the bargain and finally stick with Leon."

"Oh?" Ada smirked slightly, her hand brushing up against yours, the warm leather of her gloves slightly tingling your skin. "Finally huh? You're finally listening to me, after all this time?"
You chuckled in response, slowly nodding your head. "Yeah yeah, after so many years I'm finally taking your advice. What're you gonna do now? Now that it's all over?"

"It's not over for me," Ada stopped in her steps, reaching behind her as she turned to face you. Your eyes met with the small object she revealed in her hand to you: a small looking metal statue of some sort, resembling the Quad Tower covered in bronze paint on a black base. "I still have to tie up some loose ends on my part before I leave this place."

"Carla?" You guessed while looking up from the small statue to meet Ada's gaze, seeing her nod her head once in reply.

"Mhm," she returned the statue to her back pocket, "My work never seems to be done around here. I'd rather stick to the shadows than be blamed for mass bio-terrorism."

"That sounds about right."

Ada met your gaze again, her lips curling into a small smile. "It's hard to believe that the first time I ever laid eyes on you, you were just a young girl oblivious to Umbrella's true nature." You nodded slowly, lowering your gaze to the ground a bit, glancing at the stains on Ada's boots.
"Hey." Ada placed a hand on your shoulder, forcing you to look back at her rather slowly, not exactly used to the contact in general, especially from her.

"If Umbrella did one thing right, it was to prepare you to survive in this world. I'm not saying you should be exactly thankful for them, but you survived. That's all that matters." You slowly smiled, feeling warmth spread throughout your chest from Ada's words. You always saw her as a mentor towards you, crossing Wesker out of that tier and placing her ontop instead. She always helped you when you needed it the most, wherever you were, she was always there, despite her intentions being entirely different from yours.

"Thank you," you responded, feeling her hand slip off of your shoulders, "I'm glad it all ended here... despite the fact you're part of the reason I ended up here in the first place."

"Yeah. Well," Ada tilted her head slightly, her smirk remaining on her face, "Just add that huge favor onto the list, I seem to always owe you one every time we meet."

Ada turned away finally, proceeding to continue her walk down the hallway, leaving you unsure where she was going. She turned her head slightly, looking towards you with a sideways glance, "Now go back to Leon, will you? Send me a slice of cake after the wedding."

You huffed a chuckle, shaking your head at Ada's sly remark. "What happened to being my maid of honor?"

"Trust me (Y/N), I wouldn't be able to attend the wedding anyway."

"A fly," you commented, loading a new magazine into your handgun, "Out of all things, you managed to change into a fucking fly. I would've never picked a better form for you Derek!"

The three of you had found yourselves on the roof, a long distance away from the helipad where your ride waited. When you had left, you found it rather easy to navigate your way through the small amounts of undead and large fences blocking your path. It had been a cakewalk even.
But now, it seemed like the zombies had multiplied in their numbers, not to mention that Simmons, who you suspected had died from falling into flames, had survived, and manage to go from being a large mutated dinosoar and four-legged beast into a humongous horribly mutated B.O.W fly.