Escape (Part 1)

A/N Lost song is an awesome anime. 10/10. Highly recomend you go watch it. Otherwise, there will be some spoilers in this and in part 2. Big ones. Aside from Eren's backstory in this. I made that up. Would love your feedback and opinions. Also Levi is taller than Eren.

________________________________

Eren sat at the desk in his tent, waiting for the battle raging on outside to finally end. His hear was pounding in his cheat and his breath was shallow. The teeth marks and blood on his hand had yet to heal, which is surprising given his healing factor. That said, it's likely because he overexerted himself. He used the power of the titans too much. Keeping his grip firm, Eren held the cloth to his chest. By some miracle, he managed to wash off the blood from earlier, returning the handkerchief to its original state; ivory, bordered with a thin strip of blue. In each diagonal corner, was a pair of wings, one white and one blue. These wings, that meant so much to him.

These wings, which were the crest of the Ackerman family.

"I want you to understand, if they take that fortress, this war will be over soon,"

Eren recognized the voice immediately. Though it was slightly high pitched for a boy, Eren didn't mind. After all, Armin had been his best friend since he was brought here, despite others seeing him only as an attendant. However, Eren was too overcome with worry to even bother trying to act like his cheerful self. So his response came as no surprise, at least not to Armin.

"I see,"

Eren didn't want to talk about this. If they take the fortress. Otherwise, they'll all die. If this war ends. If he survives. There were so many uncertainties and questions plaguing his mind. The what-ifs continue to eat at him as he waits impatiently.

"But as long as Prince Floch is here, you're future looks bleak,"

Eren audibly gasps, surprised by the words coming from Armin's mouth. That said, it doesn't change the fact that he's right. It's true. Eren can see it too. See himself trapped in that endless loop of suffering until the day he dies.

"Please, you have to run away! When this war finally ends, go somewhere far away with Mr. Ackerman!" Eren turns to Armin, his face surprised at the sudden outburst, but Armin continues, "Don't worry, okay? I have an idea,"

Eren notices the vile in the small boy's hands. The look on Armin's face reads only as determination. Pure determination and a desire to protect his friend. What could you be planning, Armin? Eren wonders.

Later that day, as the sun sets cheers can be heard from the castle. They did it. Sir Levi, the knight of the Ackerman clan, had led the troops to victory over the Marely soldiers and to claiming Fort Slava.

"Levi," Eren smiles, glad that his love is safe.

The soldiers cheer, calling him their leader and dedicating their victory to him. Eren is only glad he isn't the one they're cheering for anymore. For the longest time, they cheered for 'Sir Eren, God of victory'. Though that quickly turned to 'God of destruction' and finally, 'the human weapon'. He hated it. He hated having his freedom taken away from him, only to be put on an imaginary pedestal before being degraded over and over. Thought of as an object to be used by the military and royal family.

He could kill them if he wanted to but...he hated the idea of that. Of using the power of his titan, to kill people. Though despite these thoughts and the reality of the situation, Eren smiled. He made it. Levi made it. He was safe. What he didn't realize though, was the third set of eyes behind Armin. The ones staring right through him with disdain and malice.

_________________________________________

That night, the camp was alive with the sounds of singing and laughter. Meanwhile, the scent of alcohol and meat drifted through the air. The night was young, though, despite that, some were already well on their way to being completely wasted. At the edge of the camp, Armin had gathered Eren and Sir Levi. This might be his only chance to tell them. Otherwise, his efforts will have been in vain. Moreover, if he fails, there's still a small chance that Eren can do this with the help of Sir Levi. So, it was now or never.