soulmates. || LADYNOIRRRRR BOIIII, first love, awkward as heck uwu

Well that was a long ass break.

Uh, yeah sorry bout that. Enjoy the fic? IT'S LADYNOIR BOIIIIIIZZZ.

[Fluff bomb incoming...]

-

Green.

That was her first thought as his gorgeous green eyes stared back into her blue ones, his encapsulating gaze wide and intrusive. She found herself entranced in a daze, unable to look away from him.

Him, him, him...

He penetrated her every thought, her every action. She became absorbed in him, his green orbs intruding on her very soul in a fashion that was alarmingly akin to flames dashing along a string dowsed in gasoline—because, god, he lit her on fire with his mere presence.

This was insane! She was insane.

She was insane for the black cat who slunk through the night. She was insane for her silly partner-in-crime who was always cracking jokes and lightening the mood. She was insane for the boy who would sacrifice everything, even his own life, if it meant that she could go unscathed.

Despite every inch of her self-control grappling and yanking her away from this troublesome cat, lately, she'd found herself being drawn back to the bright plane of grass in his eyes, watching as the blades swayed to the rhythm of a nostalgic lullaby.

Why were they like that? What made them so unnaturally, dazzlingly green? Was it the magic of the miraculous, or was it her own crazy, distorted mind that had taken the image and enhanced it, as if to mock the proclaimed "love of her life" with a brag of her stunning partner?

Yep. This had to be some type of wild self-sabotage that was so elaborate she wasn't even aware of its existence. Yeah. Mm-hm. Yes. There wasn't another explanation.

Wait— what was he...?

Her eyes darted away from his apertures just long enough for her to stitch together the fact that he was—

Oh. He was talking to her.

"M'Lady?" Chat Noir asked softly, an unmissable red blooming upon his cheeks. An awkward chuckle escaped his lips. "What— What are you... looking at?"

She cocked her head, the evidence of her entrancement slipping through the seams in the form of a dreamy drawl as she began speaking. "...Hm? What do you— Oh!" Ladybug jumped back, suddenly alarmed by her behavior. "S-S-Sorry! I-I hadn't realized that I had..." Her voice trailed off as she fumbled for some semblance of an excuse, her composure completely and utterly lost.

Chat turned away to hide the small smile that had worked its way onto his face. "No worries, Bugaboo. It's understandable that you just can't seem to keep your eyes off alllll of this," he replied nonchalantly, gesturing vaguely at his body with a wicked grin and a wink that made her heart lurch into action.

She blanched, sputtering out incoherent or otherwise irrelevant responses. "No— I-I— Well, you're— you're no better— And— And yeah!"

His brows furrowed and his lips fell agape.

'What was that, Marinette!?'

"Bugaboo, are— are you... feeling okay?" he inquired slowly, resting a hand on her shoulder.

Green.

They stared at her, now even closer than they were before.

Her heart thundered. Panicked, she exclaimed in a voice that was a tad bit too shrill, "Yeah, yeah— I'm fine!"