Chapter 8

7 years later

I wake up, stretching, I crawl out of my den I dug under a bush. It's still dark out when I take flight, heading towards the meadow where we decided to do our morning song. I reach the meadow as I can see light over the horizon, I feel the joy building up, when finally the song starts, bursting into the air with a thrill along with the rest of the dragonets, we begin the song with whistles, and thrills, twisting and twirling in our air dance, the song fills us with immense joy and happiness.

The song comes to an end and everyone scatters out of sight of the kamari who were watching our performance, I fly casually into the tree line, landing in a tree and watching the kamari go about their business, either going dragonet watching or going to work, the kamari always carry a weapon on them and patrol constantly, especially now, as the other day one of the aliens that where introduced to earth, a sicora, was spotted and killed by us dragonets with our flame, our blood-memories told us that the sicora is very dangerous, as their saliva is venomous, I personally was not there but autumn, who was there, described it as, ' the feeling of hate so immense all I wanted to do was bite and flame  it to death' I don't know how anything can produce that much hate but whatever, that's how everyone described it as.

I decide that I want some sunburst berries, so I fly to the edge of the park, where the kamari put the planters. When I get there there was no kamari at the moment, probably all at work by now, I fly down when I spot a planter with ripe berries, landing on the edge of the planter, I pick two of the most ripe berries off the alien vine, I was about to fly away when I see a kamari couple walking this way, hand in hand, I decide to stay and get deeper in to the plant trying to camouflage myself the best I could, seeing how long I could stay hidden until they noticed.

They haven't noticed me yet, and they are almost in front of me, finally with them close enough I burst out, and with a wing assisted hop I jump on the males head and fly away to the trees hearing a short yell of surprise from the female, chuckling I head over to the stream to sunbathe on a rock.

After stoping for a small brunch of an apple I arrive at the stream, landing on a rock and laying down, I decide to talk to autumn, " hello autumn how are you doing?" " Oh hi arbor I'm good, just tired from watching the eggs" " oh ok, well guess what?" I send her a picture of the kamari's reaction this morning " I jumped on a kamari's head, when they got to close to the sunburst planter I was in! It was hilarious I scared them both, one even yelled!" I say with humor " ha! That made my day! I still don't get it, how can you let them get that close?"
" Don't know, I guess I just know that they won't hurt me? Oh I'll have to talk to you later a 'invisible' one coming my way, I'll come by later with some sunburst berries."