Chapter 15

"She actually told them??" I asked to no one, forgetting that Michelle was still on the line.

"Honestly, I thought she'd wait until you guys were 30 and married to tell anyone." I could practically see Michelle shrugging.

"I thought... Hey, wait a minute. This is how she wanted to show me??!" I asked, just remembering that she'd said earlier that she wanted to show me that I was her 'one and only.'

"Uh... What?" Michelle asked.

"So earlier I'd told Billie about me being worried and she told me that she would show me that I was the only person she wanted to date. That's why she announced it." I told her.

"Really??" I heard Michelle gasp. I nodded as if she could see me.

"Yeah... I'm gonna get off of here so I can watch this video." I said.

"Alrighty, I'll tell Jayda and Gabby about it." She said and then hung up. I clicked the video and stared at my phone screen intently as it loaded. After a few seconds the video started to play.

Billie Eilish. One of the world's youngest achievers has just confessed to dating a girl.

It played a clip of Billie at her show.

"How are y'all doing tonight?!" She yelled and the crowd cheered.

"Before we start our show tonight, I have a very important announcement." She started. I saw her take a deep breath before continuing, "I'm dating someone!" The crowd went crazy. Once they quieted down a bit, she started talking again. "Her name is Avery. And, aside from you guys, she's the best thing that's ever happened to me! She's the best. Now that I've told you, I hope you guys don't hate on her. If you do, we're gonna have a problem." She said. A smile popped back onto her face.

"Now, who's ready to get this bitch started?"

The clip cut off and the woman narrating the video continued to talk, but I pretty much blocked her out.

"Wow, I can't believe it..!" I said as I felt my excitement rising. I resisted my urge to call her, as she was probably still at her show, and decided to try to put my mind on something else. I decided to try to scroll through Instagram for a bit and maybe look for some memes. The key word, tried. As soon as I got onto Instagram, my phone blew up with notifications. Somehow Billie's fans had found my account already. And then I remembered that Billie was following me and they could just look at her following.

"Well... that was fast..." I said to no one. I decided to mute my notifications for the app completely because people were already spamming my account. I sighed and threw my phone on the couch beside me and decided to actually watch TV.

---------

Turns out that I fell asleep after not even 30 minutes of watching TV. I sat up and stretched.

"Man, I have got to stop falling asleep in random places.." I checked the time and saw that it was already 9:30 at night, meaning that my parents were most likely already home.

"I really slept that long?? Geez... But, hey, now I can call Bil!" I said as I realized her concert was probably finished over an hour ago. I quickly grabbed my phone and started a video call with Billie. It took a few rings, but she eventually answered.

"Billie!! I can't believe you did that!" I practically yelled as soon as her face appeared on the screen. She smiled.

"Well, I wanted to show you that you were freaking out over nothing." She shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal, even though it definitely was.

"This is just, wow! I'm so happy!" I said

"If you like that, then I have another surprise for you!" She said in a sing song voice. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Okaaay, now you're being too nice... What's up? What are you trying to accomplish?" She laughed at me.

"Nothing! I just want you to be happy!" She said while raising her hands in defense,"So, do you wanna know what it is?"

"Of course!"

"Well, if your parents agree to it.... I may have gotten you a plane ticket and a VIP pass to my concert next week. Then after that, we have a three day break so I thought maybe we could hang out and celebrate your birthday. But only if  your parents are cool with you missing a few days of school." I gaped at her.

"Are you serious?"

"Duh, of course I am. I wouldn't lie about that."

"Oh my gosh!! Yay! I'm going to ask them right now!" I practically squealed. I grabbed my phone and raced to their room.

As soon as I turned on the lights to their room, I ran and jumped in the middle of their bed. I heard my dad groan

"Avery... You're getting too old to be jumping on our bed. You're gonna break my back or hip one of these days.." He said while sitting up. My mom followed.

"What do you need, sweetie?" My mom yawned.

"I have a really important question for you guys!"

"And that would be...?" My dad trailed off.

"Okay, so-" I was cut off by Billie whom I'd forgotten was still with me on the phone.

"Avery just show them the phone I'll ask since I'm the one who planned it."

"Oh, okay." I lifted up my phone so my parents could see Billie's face.

"Oh, hi there Billie. Lovely to see you at this hour." My mom waved as Billie chuckled a bit.

"Sorry for waking you guys up... Okay, so what I wanted to ask is if you two would be cool with me stealing your daughter for a few days next week to celebrate her birthday. I've already bought a plane ticket so you guys don't have to pay for anything and-"

"Slow down there, kiddo, no need to be so nervous... I guess as long as Avery is able to make up all of her homework after she gets back... We'll let her go." My dad confirmed. I saw Billie smile and I gasped.

"Really??"

"Yes, you just have to promise us that you'll be careful." My mom nodded. I was practically bouncing with joy as I pulled them both into a bear hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!!" I squealed and hopped off their bed. I ran to my room and grabbed a suitcase to start packing.

"Woah, Avery, slow down. You can do that tomorrow. How about you just call it a night and go to bed for now?"  Billie said as she watched me from where I'd propped up my phone.

"Well... I guess you're right... I'm just so excited! It's been like a month and a half since we've seen each other!"

"I know. That's why you need to be rested for when you come over. Besides, you never know what could happen." She wiggled her eyebrows and I felt my face go red.

"Aw, shut up Bil." I pursed my lips.

"I'm just kidding... Kind of." She laughed. I just smiled at the phone.

"Well, I guess I'd better get off of here and go to bed... Woe is me, I can't even stay up and talk to my girlfriend." I complained.

"C'mon, it's not that bad. Just go to bed!"

"Fine... Good night, Bil."

"Night, Av. Love you."

"I love you, too."