•Chapter 1•

(Y/N)'s POV

I could hear footsteps. Mainly my own, but also ones from other people. I was on my way home from school, so it wouldn't be unusual for other students to go in the same direction as me though it always only were a few.

My vision started to blur as I stumbled a little. I didn't feel too well. I was hot, and my head was spinning.

Not only did I lose my balance next, but also my consciousness.

Kunimi's POV

I was on my way home from school early today, because practice was cancelled. They said the coach called in sick this morning. Good for me. I could have a relaxing afternoon for a change and wouldn't be yelled at by 'captain pretty boy'.

While just walking I noticed the girl in front of me seemed to be struggling to keep her balance. Like she would collapse any second. But it was none of my business, so I decided to ignore it. Though when she actually collapsed, I knew I couldn't just ignore her. There goes my relaxing afternoon...

I went up to her and crouched down. "Um... hey, are you alright?" I heard her groan and mumble something. She seems to be conscious...kinda..., so I think I won't have to call an ambulance. I guess it was fine to move her, because she couldn't really have severe injuries from just collapsing, so I grabbed her by the shoulders and tried to sit her up.

"Hey, can you hear me? Do you need help?" I tried to talk to her again, as I help her sit upright.

"Mmmm- mmmmm- Mom, I want a huuuggg." She mumbled and groaned again as she suddenly stretched out her arms in front of her. I guess she wasn't really aware of the situation, because it's unlikely that me and her mom look alike. Though this girl was still really expecting that hug, huh.

"I'm not yo-" "I wanna huuuggg~" she cut me off. It was no use.

I sighed in defeat

I sighed in defeat. She can be really damn annoying... I leaned forward a little as she pulled her arms around my neck. Good thing everyone went home already, because it would be so embarrassing if someone was watching.

The best thing to do is probably to just bring her home. Hopefully her parents are there to do the rest. There's only one problem though: I have no idea where this girl lives...

I got it! I'll just look on her student ID. I grabbed her bag and rummaged through it. It felt kinda wrong though, like I was about to steal her stuff or like I'm invading her privacy, but it had to be done.

Then I found it. Her name was (Y/N)(L/N). She was also a first year at Aoba Johsai in class 5. So, she's in the class right next to mine, huh. That's Kindaichi's class! And her address: Seems like I know where that is. She surprisingly lives not that far away from me. So, I at least won't have to search her house for an eternity.

I got up, making sure to bring (Y/N) up with me in case she couldn't securely hold herself around my neck. There was no need to worry though, because she instantly wrapped her legs around my waist.

I sighed. She's lucky I came to help her, because someone who doesn't do any sports couldn't have put up with her and her clinginess. But I guess being forced into a hug by a girl wasn't the worst possible scenario. She also isn't really ugly I guess.

I grabbed both of our bags and started walking again. I don't even want to know how I must have looked like, walking around with a girl wrapped around my torso and two bags in hand.

When I finally arrived at her house, I knocked on the door, dismissing the thought of possibly being judged by whoever opens the door. Though that soon wasn't a problem anymore, because nobody answered. Just great!

But I couldn't just leave her on the front porch like that. That wouldn't really be morally correct and also it could be dangerous, especially now that she had fallen asleep on the way here.

It was no use. Reluctantly I reached into her bag again to find her key. I unlocked the door and carried her inside, setting the bags down next to the door. This whole situation was just really uncomfortable, and I just wanted it to be over with.

I immediately found the living room and sat her down on the couch. I sure as hell am not going to roam around the house to find her bedroom!

Is it okay for me to leave now? Is she going to be okay? I really just want to leave.

I checked her breathing, pulse and temperature one last time. She was fine, aside from a little fever maybe. The kitchen was right beside the living room, so I soaked a towel in cold water real quick and put it on her forehead. She should be fine now; her fever isn't all too severe.

So, with that, I grabbed my bag from next to the door and left. Finally, this chaos was over with.

(Y/N)'s POV

I woke up to a familiar sight. The ceiling of my living room. Did I fall asleep on the couch again? But I don't remember doing so.
I noticed a wet sensation on my forehead. I reached for it to find it was a towel. Did I have a fever? But who took care of me? Mom and Dad are working late shifts again. So, who was it?

Confused I got up from the couch. I looked out the window and it was dark out. It's late already. I should make some food and do my homework.

I grabbed some food from the kitchen and put it in the oven. Then I went looking for my bag. I found it in the hallway next to the front door. I usually don't put it there. Someone really must have been here.

I grabbed it while still wondering what happened. Though when I opened it I had at least found out for sure that I hadn't been alone. This wasn't my bag.

I looked for any clues on who this bag belonged to. Maybe they had their name written in a textbook or something. But soon I spotted something better: the student ID!

It said Akira Kunimi, class 1-6. I don't think I know him. I guess I'll talk to him about it tomorrow. Let's hope I didn't do anything embarrassing! And also, let's hope the talk won't be all to awkward...