•Chapter 10•

Kunimi's POV

I was on the way to Shiratorizawa Academy as (Y/N) and Kindaichi accompanied me there. We were invited to the Miyagi Prefecture First Years' Selection Camp. Well, at least Kindaichi and I were invited. I'm not sure why (Y/N) so urgently wanted to come along the walk there, when she had to leave right after that again. Though I was quite happy she came along anyways, because I wasn't going to see her for five days... I know it's not an eternity, but I was still going to miss her.

When we got there, she didn't stop to say goodbye though. She just went inside along with us. What was she up to? I stopped Kindaichi from saying anything though. It would be a waste of time anyway, because once she had set her mind to something, nothing could stop her.

When we entered the gym, a bunch of first years were already there. We went up to coach Washijo to greet him. That's when (Y/N) revealed her plan to us. "Hello, coach Washijo. I'm (Y/N)(L/N), Seijoh's manager. I know I wasn't invited, but would you mind me asking if I could attend the camp too. I'd love to use this as an opportunity to gain more experience as a manager and also work with different players for a change."

The coach looked at her completely different than the way he looked at the male players. His usually so strict expression was replaced by a slight smile. "Another helping hand won't hurt and if you can gain experience from it too, I don't see a problem."

That reaction seemed so unlike him, which became even clearer when someone else uninvite came here. It was the number 10 of Karasuno. The coach didn't react as calm to that. I guess he isn't as strict with girls as with guys. Though I won't complain to have (Y/N) here with me.

While the coaches were in the office to resolve the issue with Hinata , (Y/N) made herself comfortable on the bench and took out her notebook. Though I turned around to the sound of the other guys whispering. "Hey, guys. I didn't know a cute manager would be here as well. She's pretty."

"Oh yeah, she is! Maybe I should try to talk to her later. She's from Aoba Johsai, right?"

"Yeah right." The guy turned to me and Kindaichi. "You guys sure are lucky to have such a cute manager." I felt myself getting really annoyed, but (Y/N) always said I should stay calm, so I tried my best to ignore them. Kindaichi of course also knew better than responding to the guy.

Luckily that's when the coaches came back from the office and we finally started the training. Every break when (Y/N) handed out water bottles along with that Hinata guy, who wasn't allowed to train with us, she gave me mine last, so she could stay and chat.

"You're doing good so far, but you need to stay focused." She said, kneeling down next to the spot I was sitting down at and handing me my water bottle.

"Easier said than done when you sit there looking all cute. And I'm apparently not the only one thinking that..." I informed her in a bittersweet tone.

She smiled at me softly. "Don't worry too much about it. You know I only love you, right?"

"Yeah..." I mumbled. We stood up, because break was over soon and before she left, she planted a quick peck on my cheek.

When we continued training, she now yelled praises from time to time. "Nice serve, Goshiki!" "Well done, Koganegawa." "Good spike, Kiri!"

"Who is Kiri?" one of the guys asked.

I looked him dead in the eye and answered. "I am." He seemed taken aback and confused. "My first name is Akira." I explained further. He still looked a little uncomfortable but just left it at that and didn't ask any more questions.