HE IS MY FIRST

MEETING DANIEL'S PARENTS

I was still in the process of thinking everything. Daniel and I sat together infront of his parents at the same time in one table. My nerves were cracking and my blood felt like bursting inside. I never opened my mouth. I just let the man who was holding my hand to speak. He simply smiled and introduced me with his parents, Mrs. Maria Zenaida Dela Rosa and Mr. Ricardo Dela Rosa.

"Mom and dad, I want you to meet Angela Gonzales from Sto. Nino. She is my date for tonight," as he introduced me to his parents.

"Good evening Ma'am and Sir, its my pleasure to meet both of you," I said quickly.

"Gonzales? Your name is familiar. I just can't recall where did I hear your name?" asked by Mrs. Dela Rosa.

"We both met already Ma'am two years ago," I immediately answered.

"Mom, she was the class valedictorian of their batch, remember her?" Daniel answered.

"Oh yes dear. Now I remember you. I really loved your speech during that day. I even shared with Daniel the message you have imparted to your co-graduates. How nice to see you again in flesh?" Mrs. Dela Rosa added.

'Thank you Ma'am and Sir for the scholarship. Well, I would like to express as well my sincere thanks for inviting me to be part of this event," I added.

"Just enjoy the night Miss Gonzales. The pleasure is also with us," Mr. Dela Rosa continued.

"Okay, okay.... now that you have said thank you already to my parents shall we now stand and enjoy the rest of the night together?" Daniel stated quickly.

"Well, of course.... Excuse us. Thanks Ma'am and Sir for your time," I ended after accepting the idea shared by Daniel.

"For a while my dear, just enjoy the night with my son but please be careful with him, heheheheh," Mrs. Dela Rosa answered with mysterious smile on her face.

AT THE BUFFET TABLE

"What's going on here?" said Luisa as she approached the two of us. 

"Hi," Daniel replied shortly.

"Hey there. How are you Daniel? Its been a while since the last time we met? And who is she by the way?" she stated sternly in an inappropriate manner.

I know her, LUISA MADRIGAL. She is every boy's dream. She is a woman of sophistication and beauty. She belongs to a well-known family in our town. Most of the time, she joined contests like pageants and won of course because of her mother's influence. That time when she asked about me I knew it that I'm already in trouble. Rigth that very moment, I wanted to run and go home. 

"Hi. I am......" I almost cried out with a soft voice but I wasn't able to introduce who am I then because Daniel answered with scowl on his face.