♥ Part 7 - Growth ♥

As I sat there, bent down on one knee in horrendous pain, my head lifted up towards the sky. I can sense it...I can feel it. The petals within me are blossoming, like a newborn spring is entering into the air. This is one of my advantages. Feeling. My eyelashes shutter, my eyes widening at the sight before me. So, this is what a demon looks like. I guess I'd forgotten, since It's been quite a while, huh? I was a weakling, every time my humiliating "progress" and plans had failed and come crashing down, I still had hope within me. Why? I was so pathetic, there was no point. In this world, you can't be alone. That's because when you're alone, you'll lose every sense of feeling. If you have nobody, you forget what it's like to have somebody, which is all around what makes the colors of the earth fade to nothing. Imagine, a world without color.

You demons took my beautiful life, my memories, my smiles, my laughter, my will, and my hopes of this world being beautiful forever away from my life, which is something I can never bring myself to accept. I've always appreciated this earth, the emotions it can bring, and the life within in it. But, most importantly, I love what's in it. What itself has created, the divine sights to see. You took it all away, you ugly creature before me.

"Why, what are you doing on the ground?" The anonymous demon before me spoke mightily, looking down on me. My lips hitched in anger. "You don't want to die, do you?"

"I-I," Shaking, I miserably stood up, pain forming within my body. "I don't want to die! Matter of f-fact," I shook, now facing the demon. "I won't die!"

"Well, shall we put that to the test?!" The demon laughed hysterically, his sword pressed against my neck. I flinched, my right hand carefully crawling down to my sword. I slyly gripped onto it. 

"F-Form one, Rain Showers!" I called out to the winds, my voice echoing. I used my uninjured foot to lift myself off the ground, and within seconds, my body was one with the wind. My eyes shook and locked with the demons, his mocking face seeming to call me pathetic. "I promise you!-" I yelled, slashing my sword through the air and missing my targeted spot. "I wont make this easy for you!" I landed on the ground gently, wanting to break down from my devastating miss. 

"You already are!" The demon laughed repeatedly, his sword swinging back at me, slicing only a bit of the skin off of my hand. It burned, but it was nothing compared to earlier pain that I'd experienced from fights. 

"Form 3, Stem of Force!" I shouted, my arms gaining strength and my feet swiftly moving together. I breathed in, calling the spirit within me to help me with this hit. To the nature, to the colors that have been destroyed in my heart, I call for you. Help me, we can fight together. All the pain residing within me, conjoin with every emotion and give me strength. I grit my teeth, and slash the demons arm off, blood spewing out of it. 

"Oh?! A hit? Wow! That's quite tremendous coming from such a fragile girl like you." The demon spoke, his sword flashing within the air. I quickly dodged, miscalculating. His sword came in contact with my shoulder and cut deep. I yelped out in pain, using my sword to slide his back into the air. He was already doing much greater damage than I was. Giyu was right, I really do need more training. Much more.

"D-Damn it!" I screamed out, my head bending down in disappointment. I was running out of stamina for technique, so I had no choice but to use my swordsmanship skills to hold myself up for a while. I dashed to the side of the demon, my feet twisting back to slice the back of his neck, but he quickly turned around and his sword collided with mine. 

"Get ready...!" He laughed out, his sword thrusting mine back and hitting the wound that was previously dealt to on my shoulder. I screamed out in pain, and fell to my knees as his sword dug deeper. I tried to speak, but it felt like I would puke out blood if I did. All I could do was mutter out sounds from my pale lips as hope faded out of me. I...can't die right now, right?